[12]

"WE GOT THE FOOD!" Kun yelled out as the 3 walked into the front hallway

"WE GOT THE FOOD!" Kun yelled out as the 3 walked into the front hallway. But what greeted them wasn't an excited group of gang members, it was an angry looking Yuta. Soomin had seen him around and due to his resting bitch face and carefree attitude she called him Stone.

Speaking of him, he stomped towards the arrivals who didn't dare to look into his eyes. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"The guy is dead."

Soomin was slightly confused, but her 2 companions were immediately alerted as both their heads shot up.

"How?!" Donghyuck exclaimed.

"I went to the toilet for like 5 minutes and the motherfucker found something sharp and cut himself countless of times. By the time I got to him he was bleeding out extremely quickly and we did his best to keep him alive but he still died. Probably because our doctor decided to go on a fun ride and buy McDonalds on the way." Yuta bared his teeth towards Kun who looked down shamefully. "Or maybe because miss Princess wanted to go somewhere because everyone needs to comply to her orders?"

The girl bit her lip while staring at his black sneakers intensely. Kun sent Yuta a glare.

"Are you saying it's her fault?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." He spat out, making Soomin feel even more inferior.

"I'm sorry." The girl then whispered, taking the entire room slightly by surprise. She felt the tears beginning to flood her eyes, that's why she dropped the McDonalds bags she was holding and walked off with a quick pace. Kun sent Yuta one last glare before running after her.

The japanese boy who was still fuming was about to go after them and tell them off even more when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He snapped to his left to find Donghyuck, gloomier than usual, giving him a unreadable stare.

"What?" Yuta growled but the younger didn't even flinch.

"Today is her mother's death anniversary."

There was a short silence and Donghyuck watched as Yuta's expression shortly fell.

"Oh."

The flame of anger ignited inside of him died instantly as he hunched his shoulder. For the first time in his life, he felt guilt for something outside of killing. He himself was an orphan, his parents having died a couple of years back in a plane crash.

Yuta then just turned around and walked away without another word.

Donghyuck knocked on the door and wasn't met with a response. But because he knew that the person he was looking for was indeed in there, he pushed down the door handle and came in.

The blinds were drawn, engulfing the room in darkness except a few strips of light. The boy immediately noticed the big bulge under the blanket on the bed. It slightly shuffled, but remained silent. 

Donghyuck awkwardly shut the door behind him and walked over to the edge of the bed. He could see strands of her hair popping out from the top of the blanket where her head is. He placed the McDonalds bag onto the bedside table, beside the lamp. She didn't seem like she wanted to talk to him whatsoever but he had to try.

"Kun said you should eat this." 

There was no response, immediately making the boy get frustrated due to his unpatient and explosive nature.

"Do you wanna freaking starve?!" 

"Yes." 

Donghyuck bit his lip hearing her feeble voice. But he wouldn't get swayed so he grabbed the edge of the blanket and pulled it off revealing a curled up girl. Soomin shot up at the sudden cold and the boy froze, seeing her completely bare legs, almost fully exposed since the long t-shirt she was wearing had ridden up to her upper thigh. A blush creeping up to the tips of his ears, Donghyuck looked away in embarassment.

"Hey!" Soomin exclaimed annoyed as she grabbed the blanket from his hand and covered herself a litte bit. "Just leave me alone." 

The boy clenched his fists slightly, still flustered, but he did not want to lose control. "I'm not allowed to leave this room unless you eat at least one chicken nugget." 

"Well then have fun dying here." She uttered and turned to the side away from him. 

His frustration growing, Donghyuck had to take a deep breath before he decided to try something different. He rummaged through the McDonalds bag and took out a 9 piece chicken nugget which someone had warmed up for the girl. It's appetizing, fast food smell rushed out into the room and Donghyuck saw Soomin shift slightly in his direction.

"Do you want this?" He suggested, shaking the box a little so that the girl could hear its contents. She whimpered slightly, but didn't move.

"No." Soomin then blurted out arrogantly, but it sounded unsure. Donghyuck smirked.

"Are you sure? They look so good." He continued with a cunning voice and he opened the box, smelling the chicken nuggets. "And smell so good! They probably taste amazing."

There was a short silence as Donghyuck watched her back with expecting eyes. Finally, Soomin sat up with a sigh while avoiding eye contact.

"If you insist."

Relieved, the boy passed her the box of chicken nuggets which she immediately dug into, her stomach growling quietly in the process. Donghyuck shook his head watching her eat messily.

"You don't need to act depressed, just say that you're hungry." He rolled his eyes and was immediately glared at.

"I didn't accept this for you to judge me."

"And I didn't force you to eat this because I wanted to. Kun and Winwin are just very persistent."

Upon swallowing, Soomin made a point to stick out her tongue at him. Donghyuck scoffed but as he turned around in order to leave, he couldn't help the small smile that fell onto his lips.

 Donghyuck scoffed but as he turned around in order to leave, he couldn't help the small smile that fell onto his lips

Character development who? I only know Lee Donghyuck and Nakamoto Yuta becoming softies