081

NOVICE

" Good luck babes!" I heard Carin cheered from the crowd when we were already upstage. Nakatayo ako at nakaharap sa lahat ng tao, holding the mic stand.

Carlisle was sitting on a high stool with my guitar on his hands. He placed the guitar gentle in his lap, sideways and started tuning it. I roamed my eyes around to my band mates. Nakapwesto na silang lahat.

Everyone cheered when Carlisle started strumming the guitar, biting his lower lip while finding the right tone.

We started our duet song called Little Things. We actually arranged the songs from a mellow to the jolly ones to excite the crowd. Sa una ay uupo lang si Carlisle para gumamit ng gitara habang sabay kaming kakanta and for the last two songs, he would be standing and singing together with me.

It was a fun performance. I could see the happy faces of people as our last song ended. Magkaharap kami ni Carlisle at hinihingal sa pagkanta. We sang our hearts out, not caring about the people around. What we just know is that we were already creating a euphony, a haramonious vibe loved by the crowd.

Ibinaba ko ang mic at ngumiti sa kaniya. He was all smiles too and his eyes were playful. I never thought that I would love singing with someone. Nasanay ako noon na ako lang ang kumakanta at may second voice na sumusunod. But having someone who really follows your lead, singing with you in every verse was a different experience, especially when it is with someone close to you.

Siguro kaya ko nasabing nasisiyahan ako ay dahil kasama konna ulit si Carlisle. For four years, I dreamed of singing with him again. Iyon ang dahil kung bakit kami naging magkaibigan noon.

We both love music and playing instruments.

" That was fun!" he said breathelessly and embraced my shoulders. I gasped softly when he turned me to face the crowd and I instantly smiled.

When the people said that I was the Queen Elsa incarnate, they were wrong. I was never that Ice queen. I was far from her. I was never cold as ice because I was just someone who chose not to give  a care because I was hurt but now, I can feel the ice melting because of his warmth.

After the concert, I tried to find Sean. Ang alam ko kasi ay nanuod rin siya. I saw him on the crowd,smiling together with his outside the campus friends.

" Sean!" I called him. He was near the bench, not far from the concert venue. I noticed that his friends weren't with him anymore.

" Hey," ngumiti siya sa akin kaya gumanti ako.

" Kanina ka pa ba naghihintay? Where do you want to go? My treat this time!" I told him.

" Hindi na, Nov." my smile fell. Ramdam kong may nag-iba kay Sean ever since we started practicing for the concert. He wasn't cold, he was just less affectionate. I wasn't dumb to notice that.

" Is there a problem? May sakit ka ba?" I worriedly asked, he even went to the concert kahit na masama ang kaniyang pakiramdam.

Ngumiti siya sa akin. " I'm okay. I'm just here to…break up with you."

" What?" my mouth parted.

" It's just that this isn't working anymore, Nov. I just knew from the very start that you weren't into me. Believe me, you've been a good girlfriend at wala kang ginawang masama, it's just that you couldn't open your heart to me fully."

I bit my lower lip. So he felt that too? Pero bakit hindi niya sinabi sa akin? Bakit ngayon lang?

" I just knew you liked Carlisle. Don't worry, hindi ako galit. May kasalanan din naman ako, Nov. I fell in love with someone else." he said silently. I pursed my lips hard.

For a moment, I couldn't think of anything but just punch Sean pero alam ko ring may pagkukulang ako. I wasn't honest with my feelings kaya wala akong karapatang magalit din.

" I'm sorry, I hope you could forgive me. I am breaking up with you now to not cause further damage on this relationship. Let's just let go of each other kasi alam naman nating we can't complete each other."

And Sean was right. We couldn't complete each other because I was hoping to create a euphony with someone else…and he was too.