heart to heart

As the youngest Iwaizumi of the family, you've often been protected by your big, buff older brother Hajime.

It's always been like that. From when you were in first grade, crying and flailing punches when bullies pulled your hair, to in highschool when jealous girls would steal your gym uniform, Iwaizumi would always somehow find a way to beat some sense into them- or at least give them the most terrifying talking-to they'll ever receive in their lifetime But it's never been just him.

There was always your big brother's best friend: Oikawa Tooru. Although he wasn't directly related to you, you found him as another brother figure, albeit an annoying one. Wherever Iwaizumi went to deal with assholes, Oikawa always followed suit and scared them off for extra measure. Or, you figured, used his dazzling popularity scare. You never really knew why he stuck up for you so much, because you know sure as hell that no normal person would go through hell for their best friend's little sister, but you oddly don't mind.

School has always been a hassle either way.

You're in your second year, and still no one seems to get over the fact that your older brother is hot as shit and has an equally hot best friend and equally hot volleyball teammates. The amount of times you've been tricked into friendship to hook your brother up with the "new friend" was almost horrifying, but deep inside you understand how they feel.

You had to admit though, if they weren't after getting boned by your brother, then you could also understand why they wanted to get with Oikawa. The amount of times you've snuck into Iwaizumi's room to get your Nintendo Switch while he was in the restroom only to see Oikawa changing out of his sweater, his perfectly sculpted abs on horrifically arousing display...

(You try not to talk about those situations.)

But skip to now, you're currently reliving it. For the first time in your second-year. You try to convince yourself that you're disappointed; you were doing so well, too.

"Um." (How do you sound so stupid?) "Sorry, Tooru-kun, I'm just trying to get my, my Switch." You marvel at how even your voice stays, despite the sensation of your face flushing red. You also hope your brother doesn't hear you calling Oikawa "Tooru" because you know Iwaizumi would most likely warn you that Oikawa is a piece of shit.

Oikawa lets out his guttural chuckle, one that's much different from his in-school superstar personality. "No worries, [Name]-chan. Don't stare too much though, okay?" And as if he were mocking you (which in hindsight, he most likely was), he flexes his biceps a little bit and you experience something in between horny and adoration. You're 99% sure that you should not be feeling that for your brother's best friend.

You force yourself to relax and act 'normal'. Blinking in false distaste, you force-groan, "You look like a noodle.", before you fumble for your Switch and leave the room hurriedly. You make sure to slam the door, even when you hear Oikawa complaining about how you should be nicer.

And just in time, Iwaizumi emerges from the restroom. "Hey. You okay? Your face is red."

"I'm fine, onii-chan." Your lie is blatant but you can't find the will to care much. You just want to be far away from the horny-inducing figure that is Oikawa Tooru.

"Okay, whatever you say," is all Iwaizumi says as he shrugs and you try not to pay too much attention to him re-entering his room.

You retreat to your room, your brother's "Shittykawa, put on a fucking shirt!" resounding throughout the house.

In the halls, Oikawa always waves to you, which prompts your brother to wave too. You're not even fazed when your friends collectively whisper oooh, and you swat them lightly, scoffing to punctuate your intention.