You were excited to perform in one of your tribe's most important traditions after putting it off for so long; but, you were also becoming increasingly nervous at what comes with it.

You had the potential to become engaged tonight if you attracted a male and accepted his invitation to his hut. A shudder ran up your spine as you continued to think about a reality that may soon come to fruition in a matter of hours. You could be calling someone else yours after waiting for so long.

Fears came with that reality as well-- would you make the right choice? Would you be a good enough Wauo for them? Was life married as hard as your chanter told you?

Walking through the tribe you failed to notice predator eyes watching your figure.

But Kota did.

He already knew how you stood out from the other women that were dancing tonight by the way all the men talked about you in the bathing cove.

When news that you were to be performing in this season's Wauo dance many males made entry to the Abi dance to make them eligible for you to potentially pick them. Even if you were to give a subpar performance, many of them would still invite you to their huts, but you didn't know that their infatuation with you went that deep. For most, it was their first time performing as well, as they were eagerly waiting for the chance to claim you as their very own for the rest of time.

A sharp tug on your fern dyed wrap skirt brought your attention back to the boy next to you. He did not speak but instead took your hand in his, gripping it tightly as you passed the ceremonial fire pit. Biting your lip, you knew this would be harder for Kota then what you originally thought.

Four years ago, his parents died on their boat from rough seas. When he didn't see their boat arrive at the shore with the others, he knew what happened and he shut the world out. No matter the amount of nurturing that his remaining family gave him, the only people he would let in strange enough were you and Midoriya.

It was as if the two of you had become his new parents.

He adored you, but he loved Midoriya.

So when Midoriya and company left with All Might two years ago, he clung onto you even tighter.

Now you found Kota sneaking out of his aunt's hut to come to sleep with you in the middle of the night, or fighting her till he was allowed to be by your side again, and running to your side whenever she attempted to have him get on their family boat even if it was just for a ride over the nearby coral reef to look down at the vibrant sea life below.

His aunt felt horrible that the boy had become so attached to you that you felt inclined to take care of him while he recovered from the trauma of losing his parents and feeling abandoned by Midoriya.

You had put off your Wauo dance for him until this year.

You felt Kota had made enough progress for you to entertain the idea of getting married. You gave his hand a pulsing squeeze, "How about I wear your favorite color tonight for my dance? Just for you."

You could see the sparkle in his eyes at the prospect. It would be like you were just dancing for him. Quickly, he nodded agreeing to the offer.

It was moments like these he was absolutely adorable without even trying.

"Kota!!!" The cheery voice of his aunt rang through the air taking the boy into her arms, "I missed you!"

Kota pushed against her embrace before giving up and accepting the death hug he was receiving, "I missed you too." He mumbled his eyes trained on the ground as he pouted.