The Knife in My Back--Race

Start from the beginning

Next to you.

You would sit there and I would wrap my arms around you and just sob myself back to sleep. I almost always would wake up the next morning to see I was still resting my head on your chest.

My blood flows like a river cause I trusted you the most
And now I know its it's over

I was going to end our relationship tomorrow no matter what you said. I wasn't familiar with your side of the story and didn't wanna be. All I know is you were sprawled on the floor and you were snogging with a girl.

I was so naive I even let you wear my clothes

It was a really funny sight to see. You had a dress shirt on. You rolled down the sleeves but you're so short that I couldn't see your hands. I was walking back to Brooklyn with you and I'd asked if you wanted a corona. You said sure and once I placed in your hand you threw it into the East River!

Took you out for dinner and let you wear my clothes

I clearly remember one day during winter. I was standing on the rail of the bridge. You tapped me on the shoulder and I fell in. I broke through the ice and I sank like a rock. I wasn't able to swim because of the frigid temperature. Down, down, down I traveled until I felt your hands gripping my waist and pulling me back up. I just collapsed in your arms. You just hugged my shivering self. You told me you were worried as soon as I hit the ice. We traveled back to the Lodging House and you gave me some clothes that didn't fit you anymore and we cuddled.

I can't even breathe
I have your scent still in my nose

I remember the first time we kissed. You'd smelled like sweat and cologne. You told me I smelled like smoke.

It's like I almost miss you I should have known

I should have known

I run under an awning and curl up into ball. I haven't felt my heart break this bad. Sure, it cracked when I figured out Esther chose Oscar over me.

I thought we were friends but now we're enemies

But I never thought it would shatter.

Pull your knife out of my back
Your blood runs black
I was just surprised by how you turned on me so fast.
I let you in
I held you close

Then I had a thought.

Maybe Spot wasn't lying to me.

Maybe I should have stayed and listened.

Maybe I...

My blood flows like a river cause I trusted you the most
And now I know it's over

No! I know what I saw!

I keep trudging forward, towards Manhattan.

I thought we were friends but now we're enemies
Pull your knife out of my back
Your blood runs black
I was just surprised at how you turned on me so fast
I let you in
I held you close
My blood flows like a river cause I teusted you the most
And now I know it's over

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a figure scurry past me and into an alley. I follow. I have some time to kill anyway. I normally spend a few hours over there.

We race through countless alleys and streets until I can't see him anymore. I stop.

"Hello?" I say. No one answers. I shrug and decide to walk away. I turn around and walk right into another man.

"Evenin." He is way taller than me, about 6 foot 4 maybe? His small eyes are a sea green and his thin lips are scowling. A scar runs from his nostril to his right eye.

"Evenin." I say. I try to move to the left but he blocks me. I try to move to the right but he blocks me.

"We can't have you walking out on us, can we boys?" Multiple boys, all bigger than me, step out from behind garbage cans, buildings, and other places in the alley.

I'm surrounded.

"What do you want?" I ask, trying to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

"You. Boys, get him."

I try to run but I'm not quick enough. One of them grabs my leg and pulls me towards him. I fall to the ground. He forces me into a kneeling position and my arms are yanked behind my back.

"Someone! Please help! SPOT!"

I really don't think he followed me but I was running out of options...and time.

Something hard and metal connecting with my head was the last thing I remembered before I went unconscious.

The Christmas scenario is from a Christmas one shot book and Race's dreams in Brooklyn was inspired by a certain chapter of Brewin in the Boroughs both by 12YearsInAzkaban so you should read all her books because they are amazing.

Also, should I keep doing song chapters like this? I've got some good song ideas for these kind of chapters that I really want to use but if you think they are confusing or just don't like them I won't do them anymore.

Thanks for reading!