"Okay sweetie. Remember we have to go to the gala later in the evening. In preparation to open the hospital." He reminded me. 

I took a quick shower and changed into my home clothes. I didn't even noticed that I fell asleep. As I reached my phone, I got a lot of notifications. Texts from my good friends. Rain and Allison. I know you might be shocked why I kept in touch with Allison since she's the twin of that godforsaken creature. However, she was actually there, helping me to move on from the pain that her twin has caused. 

From: Ally

Welcome back, Dr. Soleil! See you at the gala later!

Wait! She's going to the gala? Does that mean, I'd see him there too? 

To: Ally

Is he going to be there? Thank you for the warm welcome, Dr. Ally.

From: Ally

I'm not sure. You do know that Ford Empire is one of the major stockholders of the hospital, right?

To: Ally

Dad never said anything about it. Anyways, if I see him there then I will... No matter how much I try to avoid him, our paths will always cross.

From: Ally

That's the spirit. See ya later!

During the afternoon, stylists and designers went to our house and started to dress us up for the gala. I wore a black gown that has an open back, a slit in the side and the front that shows my cleavage. "Dr! You are so hot!" said the designer. 

"Thank you", I replied. 

As we arrived in front of the venue, there were already a lot of reporters waiting for us outside. Flashes of the cameras were all I see as I went out of the car. 

"It's the former presidential daughter!" I heard a reporter said which brought the attention of more reporters. 

I smiled in front of the cameras, "When were you back, Ms. Soleil?" A reporter asked.

"Just this morning." I replied

"Why did you leave the country ten years ago?" Another reporter asked curiously.

I looked at him and said, "I decided to pursue my medical study in France."

"You had a special relationship with Ezekiel Ford, right.? Have you been in contact with him?" A reporter asked.

So he is here? I'm out of luck today. "No, I haven't been in contact with him since I left." I answered honestly.

"What can you say that he is dating Elliezabeth Wall?" Another reporter asked. 

Oh, so they're back together after he made a fool out of me? Well I couldn't care less. 

I was about to answer the question when someone arrived. 

The least person I wanted to see today. 

I must admit, he became more handsome. It was obvious that he toned his muscles as it was somewhat visible from the white polo he was wearing. Maybe he grew a little bit taller? He looked at my direction. There was obvious tension in the air. 

I never said goodbye to him. Never gave him the chance to explain himself. 

He walked towards me and looked at me like I'm his prey. I was about to go in until he answered the question the reporter asked about him dating Elliezabeth Wall while looking at me. 

"I'm not dating anyone. Check your resources please." He replied with a stern voice.