Once at the bench I sit down in-between Mama and Tobin and watch the game until I hear my name.

"SOLO." Vlatko yells so I look at him. "Go warm up."

I nod and take a deep breath then head to the warm up area.

Balto follows me down the sideline then, like usual when I'm a warming up as a sub, he sits down in front of the last seat on the bench and watches me as I warm up.

"SOLO." Vlatko yells after I've finished my warm up.

I look at Vlatko and see him wave me down so I jog towards him.

"You ready?" Vlatko asks.

This'll be my first appearance for the national team since the World Cup Final.

I've been invited to the last two camps, but I never dressed for the games.

"I am." I say.

"Good." Vlatko says as I get handed my jersey. "You're going in for Alex. Just have fun and do what you do best."

"Will do." I say as I take off my training top.

Once I'm shirtless I put my white jersey on then I head to the fourth official and hand her the sub card. The fourth official then puts the sub numbers into the board while I wait for the ball to go out of play.

Eventually the ball goes out of play so the fourth official holds up the sub board as I look at the scoreboard and see it's the 60th minute.

Once Alex gets to me we hug then I run onto the field and get ready to play the ball.

In the 63rd minute Sofia Huerta intercepts a pass meant for Jordyn Huitema then she plays a ball to me in the 18 yard box. When I receive the ball I try to cut back with my left foot to get some space, but something in me won't let me so I pass the ball out wide to Crystal. Crystal then shoots the ball, but Sheridan parry's it over the bar

Once the ball goes out of bounds I look over to the area behind the bench and find where my Mom, my siblings, my girlfriend, and my baby's are sitting.

When I find my family I take a deep breath then look at the ground and shake my head.

"Fuck's sake." I mumble as I walk upfield.

As I walk up field, a few of my teammates try to talk to me, but I ignore them and get on with the game.

In the 84th minute Kristie Mewis receives a pass from Aubrey then she turns and jogs upfield, but Beckie closes her down so she passes to me. Once I have the ball I sprint up field towards the Canadian goal, but Julie Grosso moves to shut me down which leaves open space. Christen notice the open space and she sprints into it while she call for ball. I pass the ball into Christen's path and when Christen gets close to it she puts her laces through the ball and sends it goal wards.

Once the ball leaves Christen's foot all of us watch as the ball dips just under the crossbar then hits the net which means the score is 2-0.

While Christen and the team celebrate, I head to the bench to get a water bottle. Once at the bench I grab a water bottle, take off the lid, then drench my left leg with the water.

"What's wrong?" Alyssa asks as everyone on the bench huddles around me.

"I'm fine." I mumble as I grab another water bottle and drench my left leg again. "This happened in my first game with LA...my minds playing tricks on me."

Once my left leg is soaked, I head back onto the field then the game resumes.

7 minutes later the ref blows her whistle so everyone shakes hands, we do our team huddle then I head to the locker room, grab a bag of balls, head back out onto the field then head to the side of the field that's in the shade.

Once I'm in the shade I set the balls out just outside the 18 yard box then I look to the sideline.

"BALTO." I shout to get my dogs attention. "COME BOY."

Balto barks then he comes running over to me.

"Oh shit." I mumble as Balto jumps at me.

At the last second I catch Balto in my arms then he licks my face.

"Well hello to you too." I say then I set Balto on the ground. "You stay here. I got some work to do."

Balto yips at me then he lays down on the ground.

Once Balto is on the ground, I take off my jersey, grab a ball out of the bag, dribble the ball into the area, then I try to cut back on my left leg, but it doesn't work.

"Fuck's sake." I mumble as I walk back to the bag of balls.

Over the next 20 or 30 minutes I try repeatedly to cut on my left leg, but something in me won't let me do it.

"JUST FUCKING CUT." I shout a second before my leg gives away.

"AUDREY." Someone yells as I collapse to the ground.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." I say as I pound my fist on the ground. 

"Where does it hurt?" My girlfriend says as she appears in front of me.

"They let you on the field?" I question.

"Yeah." Daan says. "Now where does it hurt?"

"I'm not hurt." I say.

"But you were..."

"Daan I'm angry." I say. "I can't do what I use to with my leg."

"Audrey it may take a while for your leg to function like it use to." Daan says as I move to sit on my knees.

Once I'm on my knees I wrap my arms around my girlfriend and put my head into her chest.

"This sucks." I mumble into Daan's shirt. "...Can we go home?"

"Yeah baby." Daan says as she plays with my hair. "Let's go home."