Chapter 2 - Kouka Academy

 "Are you alright?" It was the first thing that Yona asked Psyche when she saw the brunette walking toward them. "Did Soo-won do something to you?"

Psyche shook her head. "I'm fine,"

"Are you sure?" Hak's tone of voice was worried but Psyche just gave him a nod. He almost regretted not waiting for Psyche outside of their classroom. He, of course, knew of how Psyche would react even though there was something wrong. She would not be called emotionless for nothing. Even if something really was bugging her, Psyche was not the type of person who would show it.

"Here you go," Psyche placed the lunch boxes on top of the table.

Hak and Yona opened their lunch boxes and immediately drooled at the appetizing food that was in front of them. "Did you make these earlier, Psyche? I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help since you know...I was asleep,"

"You would ruin the food if you ever touched it, Yona," Hak snickered which earned him a glare from Yona. "But how's it going living together?"

"My mother is really happy since the whole place is livelier with Yona around," Psyche answered truthfully. Since she was an emotionless child, her mother was excited when Yona started living with them due to some circumstances.

"But I feel bad freeloading at your house like that," Yona looked down on the ground. She clearly thought of herself as a burden but Psyche and her mother thought otherwise. Psyche thought of Yona as family ever since they were children.

Psyche's mother and Yona's father were very close. Both parents were also childhood friends back in the days. But since Yona's father was forced to move somewhere far away, he left Yona behind in the care of Psyche's mother.

Since Psyche's mother was a single mother, she was not always around the house during the day that left Psyche learning things about household chores. It did not bother Psyche that she had no father because she knew that her mother gave all her best to give her the things that she needed.

"Don't think about it too much," Psyche shrugged. She did not want Yona to make a huge deal out of it. "Come on, let's eat,"

"Wow," a new voice chimed in. "That looks so good," the trio all turned around to see a boy with long and vibrant yellow hair.

"Umm...Hello?" Yona chuckled awkwardly. "Do you want some?"

The boy's eyes sparkled at the offer. "Can I?" without waiting for an answer, he sat with the group and started munching on Psyche's food—not that Psyche cared anyway since she was not hungry at all in the first place.

"Don't eat everything!" Hak told the boy. "Don't you think that you have to introduce yourself first before stuffing your face with our food?"

"Am Zhino!" the boy tried talking with his mouth full.

"What?" Psyche raised an eyebrow at him.

The boy swallowed his food first before attempting to answer for the second time. "I'm Zeno. I'm a freshman here,"

"Same as us but we're in different classes," Yona informed him.

"That's too bad," Zeno looked sad for a moment. "I would give everything to be in your class so I can eat food like this every day!"

"You're not getting free food every day!" Hak slammed his fist on the table causing the people inside the cafeteria to look at the group's direction. It was the first time that Hak encountered such a free-spirited guy like Zeno.

"I don't mind," Psyche sighed. She could not really care less about preparing one additional meal for someone every day. They had plenty of food to cook in their house. There was always room for one more. Psyche could also sense that Zeno was not a bad guy at all. It would not hurt her that much to prepare a decent meal for him.