⤷ 𝐨𝐧𝐞

━━━━━━

𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝

━━━━━━

               SUMMER HEAT was one of the least favorable things to hajime iwaizumi. he grumbled a complaint about the weather under his breath as he wiped his sweat-drenched forehead with the back of his hand, chugging down the remaining contents of his plastic bottle that glistened in the afternoon summer sun, its vibrant colors contrasting to the brown floorboards of his own home.

               his dark brown locks glistened, drenched in water sprayed from a hose that trashykawa soaked him in as an attempt to lighten up the mood and heed further grumbled complaints. a mere hose couldn't prevent borderline heatwaves though, leaving the latter's actions and intentions in vain.

               today of all days ; it felt routinely, but that's what made it mundane. a jaded daily schedule, the same people, and all the expected remarks and events to unfold. of course, there were a few small twists, but they were ever so fleeting and only remained in his life for such a short moment.

               how disappointing.

               holding the bottleneck in between his fingers, iwaizumi had almost downed the bottle until he realized it was empty. another exasperated sigh escaped from him; he picked himself up and halfway disappeared into the kitchen, until something next door caught his eye. it was rare to see a truck - *moving truck* specifically - in this kind of town. normally places like tokyo would have larger amounts of strangers rather than a town with known people ; close to family and friends.

               but not close enough.

               turning his back and entering the kitchen, he opened the refrigerator and pulled out another water bottle, unscrewing the cap and chugging it down with feverish need. after all, who was he to deny the scorching summer heat? anyone could tell, especially his mother who cooked and chuckled softly at the sight of her 16-year-old son. a soft smile graced her face as she spoke, "my, my, hajime. careful now, be sure to leave some for me too or we'll have to go shopping again."

               a small grin etched his pretty face as he remarked back; soon disappearing as innocent curiosity veiled over his features, eyes lingering back to the window, yearning for something - *anything*. "mother," hajime starts, the aforementioned woman humming back in response, "who's the new neighbor?"

               she glanced back for a moment, extending a bit just to catch the next door commotion before bursting into fleeting laughter. "ah, i heard it's a girl around your age. word gets pretty fast in towns like this." there's a small pause as her chuckles had emptied, ringing in the atmosphere of the iwaizumi residence as she continued to cook, ambience of the kitchen well tuned and at its finest.

               ❝ say, hajime. you wouldn't mind showing her around, would you?

━━━━━━

[ author's corner ]

so, first off, im so sorry for not updating sooner :( i have an achromatic but stressful life but that doesnt matter because there are bigger problems. secondly, this chapter just fell apart as it continued, and you all deserve better-
third, thank you so much for all the views & votes ! im happy to see a lot of you also like iwaizumi. finally, i hope you all stay safe & take care, i love you all so much <3

7 / 18 / 21

help it's been an entire year & i've done nothing im srry