1

"And finally, Kim Seokjin will be paired with Jeon Jungkook."

The two men's eyes found each other, shock clear on their faces.

"But sir-" Jungkook's complaint was dismissed by their professor with a raise of his hand.

"This project is intended to bring students of different courses together. No complaints will be entertained. You must all learn to get along with your peers. Class dismissed."

Seokjin huffed, throwing his books inside the bag, "I'm so failing this class."

Jungkook glared at him from across the room, looking murderous. He stalked out, footsteps heavy.

"Jungkook looks so hot when he's angry!" Girls, omegas and betas alike, swooned as Seokjin made way to the cafeteria. He whined when he found Jungkook there. The alpha looked up at the sound, eyes flashing before he was dragged away by his friends.

"What is so hot about him?" Seokjin muttered, shoving his lunch in his mouth.

"Just because you are blind doesn't mean everyone else is", a girl sassed.

Seokjin turned around with a saccharine smile, "Aren't you the one who has been trying to make him your alpha since last year? Despite how much you defend him, he still hasn't paid you any attention, right?"

Taehyung bit his lips to stop the laugh that bubbled in his throat. The female beta was pink in the face, her fists clenched in anger.

"Alphas like you will never get any good omega!" she stomped her foot and went away, leaving Seokjin to shake his head.

Why would I want an omega when I am one?

Of course she would say that, none of his peers knew of his real secondary gender. They all assumed him to be an alpha and Seokjin never felt the need to correct them.

"How am I supposed to work with him?" Seokjin groaned, hanging his head.

"What's so wrong with him anyway?" Jimin wondered, earning a slap to his head, "Ah! Why did you hit me?!"

"Do you know anything about your friends, huh?" Taehyung scolded, shaking his head, "This is the alpha who always competes with Jin Hyung at the gym. He has never talked with Hyung but still avoids him like plague. The few times they do talk, it always ends in a verbal fight."

"And whose fault is that?", Seokjin defended himself, "That alpha needs to always prove he's better than me. What did I ever do to him anyway?"

"Jungkook was the strongest alpha of his campus", a beta spoke from the other table, "But now he's second to you."

"I'm second to no one", Jungkook gritted out, coming to sit beside the said beta.

"Sorry Jungkook, but Seokjin oppa is so much stronger and broader than you", a girl spoke from another table and Seokjin was just now realising that this matter was becoming more public than he intended, "He is indeed the perfect alpha~"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "Just eat your lunch in peace, please." And stop looking at me like a piece of meat.

"And so humble", other girls of that table giggled, talking dreamily about their Seokjin oppa.

The said man just sighed, cautiously looking up to see Jungkook seething at him.

Why are you glaring at me? I never insulted you!

Seokjin wanted to defend himself and maybe call a truce between them but he knew how competitive Jungkook was. He would probably take offense to everything Seokjin said.