Enemies (JJ Maybank x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Sounds easy," You say in a whisper.

JJ opens his mouth to bicker at you once more, but Pope elbows his arm before he does it. Nobody here wants you two to argue, because, after every big argument, you try to keep your distance from him for at least a week - since his words always find a way to get to you and you don't want to show it.

Once John B adds some other stuff to the plan, everyone stays silent and listens. The moment he's done, Kie gets up and walks over to where you're sited, giving you somewhat of a sad smile.

"Do you know what to wear yet?" She asks you while taking a seat on the floor next to you.

"Not really. My wardrobe is not that Midsummers ready" You tell her, making her crack a smile.

"I can borrow you a dress" She offers, "And heels. And help you with the make-up and hair" She says, making you smile.

"I would love that" You tell her.

While you and Kie share smiles and some words about how boring the event is going to be, JJ's eyes focused on you in a glare. How could you be so fake?

His hatred from you was always existent. When you first appeared in his life, to be more exact, in 8th grade; you quickly became friends with everyone but him, for a reason you two could never understand. After that first day of being a part of the group, he just refused to be at least somewhat pleasant to you. And you, being you, just did the same exact thing.

Your eyes leave Kie to look over at the guys that are loudly talking, and they meet with JJ's. Your expression changes from the sweet and welcoming one to the mean and rude, right as you read his gaze.

Tomorrow night is going to be fun.

(...)

You step out of Kie's parents' car and your hands run over the dress, pulling it back in place while you look over at Kiara, who gave you a smile before grabbing your hand.

You follow her parents when walking in the large house and look around to see all the different flower crowns in the women's head and on some men, as well as the beautiful and expensive attires.

You're sure out of your comfort zone, but you sure never looked better doing it.

You four step out to the backyard and the golden light of the sun hits your skin, making some people look over at you curious with who just got in.

After some time of walking through the backyard, Kie starts pulling you over to the side and you follow her with the best of your ability since heels make everything harder.

Your eyes go over to Pope and Kie lets go of your hand once you get closer to the griller. Pope, once noticing, happily greets you two and you all start a conversation as he helps his dad with the food.

"Where's JJ?" Kie asks while looking around.

"Not here yet, I guess he got held back with John B, so they're getting ready just now" He explains while sipping on his ice-cold water.

You almost sigh in relief, the idea of fake dating JJ has been hunting your mind down since JJ's way with words, yesterday. The fact that if you don't do as told can cost the whole plan and probably even the gold, worsens your state of mind every time you think about it.

What if he starts yelling at you out of nowhere? What if he doesn't follow the plan and refuses to do everything? Or if he doesn't show up?

You wake up from your thoughts as everyone's eyes go over to the glass doors of the house, where Sarah, Topper, and her family are walking out of. Seeing Topper and Rafe standing next to each other made you tense up; they probably are going to be tonight's bigger pains in the ass.