Chapter 1

You Don't Have to Be Cool to Rule My World

Lily's POV

"LILIAN GET YOUR BUTTOCKS DOWN HERE!" My best friend, Samantha Green, exclaimed. I did not want my Monday morning to start like this. They're terrible as it is. "HELLO ARE YOU THERE DO YOU NEED ME TO KNOCK ON YOUR DENSE ASS HEAD!" She yelled back up. "Samantha, language!" I heard my mom hiss from downstairs. "COMING!" I yelled back down frantically as I pulled on leggings and a hoodie a few sizes bigger than it was supposed to be. 

"LILIAN I WON'T YELL AGAIN!" Sammie yelled again, even though we both knew she totally would. I ran down the stairs, hastily grabbed a Poptart and running out of the door. I could be fast when I wanted to. 

And, nope, my body has failed me once again. I hunched over and breathed in huge gulps of air. "Dear Jesus." I exclaimed between breaths. Samantha just laughed. She was always fit, it was no fair. "S-Stop lau-" I couldn't finish my sentence before I had to breath another gulp. Samantha pulled me up and hauled me to her car. "Come on, girl. Would it kill you to do some excersize once in a while?" Samantha scolded once she got in on the other side. "Yes." I said confidently, even if my voice wavered from the workout I just had. 

Samantha rolled her eyes. My eyes were closed, but I could feel it. 

Soon enough, the ride to school was over and I entered pris- I meant school. We entered school. I loved the subjects and stuff but people in general are just awful. "Oh, by the way," Samantha skipped beside me in her usual jolly attitude. "There's a party tonight that me and you are going to. And you're not wearing leggings and a hoodie." She sing-songed, still skipping. People were starting to stare at her weird antics. It was, after all, Monday. The worst day of the week. 

Who the hell plans a party on a Monday? 

"Fine." I grumbled, used to it. That did not mean I was happy about it. I was a proud introvert. I like my antisocial lifestyle. Sammie did not. And what would I do without Sammie? Die in a pit of lonliness, that's what. I need social interactions sometimes. Maybe once a month. 

And Sammie was all I had. 

Speak of the devil, Samantha started shaking my arm vigorously. I looked up to find Romeo Florence, bad boy. I literally could not care less. "Sam, I don't care." Samantha apparently didn't hear me and instead sighed dreamily as he walked by, him not even sparing a glance in her direction. 

"But Lilian, you have to admit, he looks good." She said in her lowkey seductive tone, her voice low. "Yeah, I guess." I mean, yes, he had a face and body any girl would die for (some have) and all, but honestly I didn't care. In a guy, I looked for personality. Which is why I had Ethan. Smart, sweet, simple. 

I saw him walk towards me, a huge smile on his face. "Ethan baby!" I ran up and hugged him. He lifted me in the air and twirled me around. "My flower, how are you?" He kissed my cheek and I giggled. "I'm doing great, now that you're here." I blushed, god, he was so attractive. He grinned and Samantha gagged. "Get a room, god." She scoffed. 

"You're just jealous." I sneered. I hated people jeering at us for being in love. We were in love, it's your fault you're looking. 

The bell rung for 1st period. Shit. I ran to my locker and grabbed all my stuff then rushed to 1st. I prayed to god I wasn't late.