𝐨𝐨𝐨. PROLOGUE

⊹ * ˚ MATH TEAM ! * ✷ ⊹ * ˚
───────────────
❛ there's only one scholarship ❜

⊹ * ˚ MATH TEAM !  * ✷ ⊹ * ˚ ───────────────  ❛ there's only one scholarship ❜

˚* ੈ✩‧₊ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄. . .
───────────────

pope heyward was sitting in one of the class chairs, the class was now almost empty. it was summer vacation but there he was, nervous in front of his math teacher and sitting next to this rival.

the redheaded teacher settled into her seat and smiled at them after explaining the situation they were in. "although, you are not the only ones who opt for it, but probably one of you will be the one who gets it. i want a fair game. remember that you are classmates so i hope that you will are proud at the end of the one who manages to get the scholarship. good luck in the interviews and the apply letter you have to send. "

pope watched out of the corner of his eye as faye leaned her elbows on the table and smiled at the teacher. the brunet boy was forced to imitate her just so he could be better than her in everything.

pope wasn't going to let her win this time, this was too important to him.

"you can talk to me whenever you want, you know where to find me. i will try to help both of you equally."

"thank you." faye said getting up from the desk and shaking hands with the teacher.

pope got up and shook his hand as well. "yes, thank you. i won't hesitate to contact you."

pope had just found out that he had an opportunity to go to a good school, a school that would give him a real future and that, as his father always said, would allow him to flee from that island and that awful lifestyle him and his family had. pope heyward knew how important it was not to screw up his chance, but he also knew it would be difficult if he had to compete with faye hudson.

"good luck." he dared to say as the two of them walked through the empty corridors of the school directly to the exit.

faye besides being one of the smartest people in the institute, she was in all his classes and part of the math club.

the light brown eyes of faye locked on pope and she laughed. "i don't need luck, heyward. all i'm gonna do is win you."

yes, they knew how to work as a team but only in the math club. outside the club they were rivals and it could be said that there was a certain hatred between them. a hatred that was based only on the grades they had since they did know nothing about each other.