chapter ten

Your jeans were probably the most interesting thing you've ever laid eyes on. Somehow, Kuroo convinced you to come watch the volleyball team practice and you haven't looked at neither him or Kenma as you both rode the train. You fidgeted with your fingers as you focused on the noises around you and not the loud pumping of your anxiety rushing through your blood stream. You could hear your erratic hear beating through your ears and you hoped that the boys sitting on each side of you couldn't hear.

"Where were you before? Y'know, before I dragged you along with us." Kuroo was the first one to break the silence between you three. Kenma teared his eyes away from his game to look at you before gluing them back on to the small device.

"Oh, uh," you swallowed the large lump that threatened to come out of your mouth. You held your shaky hands together as you spoke. "I was doing a photoshoot at a studio a few minutes away." You looked at Kuroo as he gave you a big grin. You blushed a little before averting your gaze back to your lap. You could only hear Kuroo chuckle at your reaction before talking to Kenma.

"Which one are you on?"

"Sadistic music factory..." said the boy with pudding-like hair.

"Don't mind him, (L/N)-chan. He's always like this."

You nodded your head.

"No! It's fine! I-I don't mind..."

Kuroo hummed before looking foward again. You felt a wave of relief wash over you as you internally gave yourself a pat on the back for being able to speak without stuttering so much. As you felt your nerves calm down, they began to pick up when you felt someone take your left hand and squeeze it. Your eyes widened and you felt yourself blush as you looked to your left to see Kuroo looking ahead. Although he wasn't directly making eye contact, you could his his smirk.

Once again, he was teasing you.

"Ku-Kuroo-kun..." you immediately scolded yourself for stuttering. He only hummed in response as he started to trace letters on top of your hand. You tried to decipher some of the letters that he was forming. Some of them were being traced too fast, so Kuroo slowed it down a bit. You carefully read the letters that he was tracing on the back of your hand.

'You're cute.'

You face grew even hotter than before. You knew he was teasing, you've seen it many times on TV.

'But, why does it seem like he's flirting?!'

"Kuroo, stop." You turned towards the direction of the voice to see Kenma making a face at Kuroo's ministrations. "You're making (L/N) uncomfortable."

"Oya? Then let me ask (L/N)-chan~ Are you feeling uncomfortable?"

If you were red before, you're redder now. 'NCT would be proud...'

You nodded your head shyly as you avoided eye contact with Kuroo. He only chuckled before letting go of your hand. You felt the warmth of his hand fade away and the little (Y/N)s inside of you didn't know whether to feel relief that it was over or miss the feeling of his hand overlapping yours.

"Don't mind Kuroo, he's a bit... weird." Kuroo let out a weird sound, almost as if he was baffled as Kenma's words. Kenma kept talking to you as he continued to play with his game. You couldn't help but notice that he spoke in the quietest voice. It was nice and calming. He was nice and calming. You peaked over his shoulder to see what he was playing.

Project DIVA

"Kenma, do you like vocaloid?" He nearly missed a beat when you asked him that question. "I-I didn't mean it like that, it's just that I do to." Kenma said nothing as he tried to beat the song, only to fail. You saw his screen as it read that he missed a lot of beats. "Would you mind if I tried?" You asked politely.

Kenma only side eyed you as he shrugged before handing you his game. You brightly smiled at him as you started the song. You let out a breath and focused your attention on the beats. You hit the easy ones in the beginning and gave yourself a pat on the back for getting through the first round of what your brother could only describe as hell for your thumbs. You continued through and felt yourself sweat as you completely focused on nothing but Miku's voice. With very few misses, you completed the song.

You felt every inch of your being relax and you handed Kenma back his game and shook you hands as a way to relieve yourself. Kenma only looked at you with analytic eyes as he put his game away and thought about how you completed a song he had tried many times to beat.

-

   "One touch!"

You entered the gym and flinched at the ball that whoosed right past your head. It was in that moment that you regretted accepting Kuroo's offer.

'Maybe Nanami is right, I should call in sick.'

However, before you could even come up with a believable story, Kuroo dragged you towards the bleachers and sat you down. He set his things beside you and immediately started to take off his shirt to change into his practice clothes. You covered you eyes the moment Kuroo lifted his shirt over his head. He saw your reaction and smirked. Before he could talk to you, he was hit in the back of his head by a teammate.

"Kuroo! If you're going to be late, at least get changed faster!" You took your hands off of your face after you've calmed down a bit to see face to face with Yaku. He blushed slightly before clearing his throat and standing up straighter than ever. "(L/N)-san, what a surprise to see you here!"

"Hi, Yaku-kun. Kuroo invited me to watch."

He smiled brightly. Before ruffling your hair. You blushed a bit at the contact before smiling back at him.

   "HUH?! WE HAVE A PRETTY GIRL WATCHING?!" You jumped at the sudden outburst from the court. Looking over Yaku, you saw Yamamoto drop to his knees and pray. You sweat dropped and could've sworn you saw a glow radiating from him as he thanked who knows what.

Yaku started to scold Yamamoto as you could only giggle at the team.

   "Hi (Y/N)-chan!" You looked up to see a tall boy look down at you as he towered over your head. It didn't take long for you to realize that Lev called you by your first name and not your last. "Please watch me play today, after all I am the ace!"

A ball hit the back of Lev's head as Yaku stormed over to where he was and apologized for his boldness. You only shook it off as you watched Lev grumpily whine at Yaku about his head hurting.

—————
I published the reboot of Cannibal so if y'all could check that out that would be swell 😬✌️