The Revised Pitch For The Interview

Dear Sony:  Want to release The Interview while still keeping Kim looking ridiculous and still keeping in an explosion headshot (and most of the already shot movie)?

Want a movie that has all of that...and nobody dies?

For your approval.

REVISED VERSION OF THE INTERVIEW.

Same idea: A Producer and a host. Same theory. One wants to do real news.

Keep All The Top Of the movie the same.  The two lead characters are the same.

The Change: The Franco character tries to call  Kim Jong-un. for a real story. He hangs up on him.

Franco decides to write a preemptive press release to all the major newspapers to say they are talking to the dictator of North Korea to get an interview in the hopes that Kim Jong-un sees it. It unfortunately gets misrepresented by Buzzfeed (or the like) saying that this production company has indeed gotten an interview. 

Franco keeps up this lie to Rogan and everybody.

Keep the CIA coming in and claiming they want them to kill the ruling leader of North Korea.

They leave.  Franco freaks and confesses to Rogan that they do not have an interview.  Rogan freaks because they said yes to killing a person they don't even have an interview with.

What are they going to do?  What are they going to do?

Franco: We live in Hollywood around magic.

(Both stare at each other  Rogan is horrified.)

Rogan:  We can't fool the CIA into thinking we are going to kill the leader of North Korea with an interview we don't have!
Franco:  Let me pitch this to you:  Wag the Dog meets any film that mistakes someone for someone or something else.

Rogan: Like Three's Company and Jack Tripper being gay?  Three's Company meets Wag the Dog?
Franco: Really?  Three's Company? That wasn’t even a movie! It's why I never take you to pitch meetings!  Your references are...

Rogan: Come on people know Three's Company's more than Wag The...
Franco: Dude!  Know your audience, it’s the CIA!  They know Wag The...
Rogan:  Well  if they know Wag The Dog, they would know its all a fake.
Franco:  But here is the twist.  The CIA does not know we are doing it to THEM instead of them being involved.
Rogan:  So for all purposes we are punking the Bobby De Niro Character in Wag The Dog?
Franco: Yea.
Rogan:  That is sort of a good twist.

There is a pause.

Franco:  We're Hollywood Dude.  We are like Magic and some shit.  Haters are going to hate. and aint’ers are going to ain’t.
Rogan:  That is not even a thing people say.

New scenes of getting together a crew of Hollywood talent. Some throwaway lines to what they are doing being the Anti-Argo.

They secretly secure a location for shooting in a space in North Korea claiming Dennis Rodman will be part of the Interview.

Then they find an actor.  An Actor, who looks just like Kim Jong-Un

Bring back in Randall Park.  But this time its an added character: an actor who has been having an impossible time trying to find acting work in Hollywood.  He only gets work from the genorosity of other Koreans.   His face is all over billboards in L.A. in the Koreatown area.