I got into the parking lot and saw that there were only a few slots left. I parked far from the entrance cause that's the only slot that has shade. The girls met me at the entrance and we hurriedly went to the coffee shop where Lucy was.

"Wait! What if her date really is coming?" I asked once more. The two of them did a facepalm and groaned.

"She got ditched, Amber." Kayla gritted her teeth.

"What if that's her date?" I pointed to a pretty girl, going inside the mall. "Or her, or her, or that girl over there, or ma-" I kept pointing to some girls and got cut by Lexi

She covered my mouth with her hand. "Amber. Breathe. Look, I know you're nervous, you babble when you're nervous, but this is Lucy we're talking about... Huh? Wha- I can't hear you- oh, oh!" She removed her hand.

"That's it. It's Lucy we're talking about. We're not sure if she really got ditched,"

"I've known her since we were kids. You're right, we're not sure if she got ditched, but you know what I'm sure of? She still likes you and you like her. If you let this pass, you'll never know if you still have a chance with her, Amber. Trust me." Kayla smiled at me, cupping my cheeks. I saw how serious she was and it did make me stop overthinking.

"Where is she?" I bit my lips. The two grinned, lighting up their faces.

"Right over there," both of them pointed where Lucy was. They both turned to me, giving me a goodluck smile.

"Goodluck, Amber," Lexi said as I hugged her.

"Thank you, lovebirds," then I hugged Kayla.

"You guys enjoy, okay?" Kayla patted my head.

I walked to the coffee shop, feeling excited and at the same time nervous as hell. I held the door handle and turned my head around to give the girls one last look before going in. I saw Lucy sitting on the other side of the room, checking her phone. I took the opportunity to go in and grab a newspaper, covering my face, hoping she wouldn't see me and my slightly damped hair.

My hands were shaking and I feel like I'm gonna hyperventilate any time soon. I was thinking about how should I approach her and how should I ask her out without stuttering. Maybe I can start off with a pick up line, or just sit in front of her. I wanted to surprise her. Something that will take her breath away.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes to calm myself. "I can do this," I told myself. "I can do this, I can do this, I can- oh my sweet mother of mercy!" As I opened my eyes and dropped the newspaper, Lucy was in front of me, her head was resting on her hands and she had a smile on her face. My plan backfired. I was the one who was surprised.

"Hi there," Her smile widened, knowing that she startled me.

"How did you- how did you know that I was here?"

"Remember, I'm observant. And I keep seeing you steal glances at me behind the newspaper," She pointed out.

"Right. Observant. Yes, I forgot about that and I thought I was discreet," I shrugged, feeling a little embarrassed.

"So you were watching me?"

"A minute or so,"

"Find me pretty, I believe?" She smirked.

I scratched the back of my neck, lowering my head. "I was thinking about what to say to surprise you. I thought of something but I decided not to,"

"What were you gonna say?"

"Don't mind it. It's embarrassing too,"

"You already told me so better say it,"

"Well, I was about to say 'are you on the menu, cause you look delicious,'" I remembered what she said to me when we were at the Cabin Cafe and thought that maybe that's a good thing to say.

A laugh escaped her beautiful lips that I once wondered how does it feel like. "Are you kidding me?"

I lowered my head, feeling embarrassed. "No,"

"Amber- ow my stomach-" She was cut off by her beautiful laugh. "I can't breathe!"

You can say I took her breath away then.

"Lucy." I warned, glancing at the tables beside us glaring at us. As much as I was embarrassed right now, I wouldn't mind embarrassing myself just to hear her laugh.

"You should've said that,"

"Yeah well, you might think that I'm a creepy lady trying to hit on you and I don't want to get slapped,"

A smile appeared on her face and cupped my cheek. "Amber, I know your voice pretty well. Even if you say a single word, I'll definitely know that it's you,"

Her stare was overwhelming so I looked away. "Oh... Where's your date by the way?"

She gave me a shrug, her face dropped. "She's not texting nor calling and I've been waiting here for almost 4 hours now. I tried calling her and leaving her a message but she's not answering. I probably got ditched,"

My heart broke to see her like this. "I'm sure you were looking forward to this date, huh?"

"Yeah." Her frown made me frown as well. It seemed like she really wanted this date to happen and now, I'm  the one who's gonna take her out. I prepared myself for what I was about to say.

Here it goes. You can do this, Amber. Man up.

"Since your date ditched you and her loss- by the way, Lucy Halliwell... would you like to go on a date with me?"