Chapter 20-Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"That, my dear best friend, is a shot challenge. You would probably be good at that if you drank." Jazz said. 

"Yeah, probably." I said and turned to walk out. 

Jazz followed me. 

"You should try it Sky." Jazz said. 

I turned as I walked through the door and smirked. 

"Not gonna happen." I said and turned back around, only for my face to come in contact with something hard. I felt someone grab onto my upper arms, keeping me on my feet.

"Oh. Sorry!" I heard a deep familiar voice say from above me. 

I rubbed my head a little, wincing and then looked up. I was staring into familiar blue eyes. 

"Hey Skylar! I didn't recognize you for a minute. I'm really sorry I bumped into you." Adam said. 

I ran my fingers through my hair and shrugged. "Hey Adam. It's all good. Didn't really hurt." I said. 

He smiled an uneasy smile. "I'm sure it didn't. You've had worse I'm sure." He said. Did he know about-oh wait, he was probably talking about Friday Fight Night. 

Uneasiness wormed it's way into me. I cleared my throat and stepped back a little, making Adam drop his hands. "Yeah. I guess I have." 

"Hey Adam. I see you've met Skylar." Jazz said from behind me. She came on my left side and threw an arm around my shoulders. She was a little taller than me in those heels she had on but whatever. 

Adam turned his smile to Jazz and nodded to her. "Jasmine. And yes, we've met before." Adam said. 

"Really? Skylar never mentioned that." Jazz said and I could feel her eyes on me. 

"Yeah, we met at my -"

"His house!" I interrupted. "We met at his house. Luke had to go and grab something from him a week ago or so." I lied. 

I looked at Adam who had a confused look on his face. I gave him a look as if to say 'just go with it'. He drew his uncertain eyes form my face to Jasmine. 

"Uh, yeah. What she said." Adam said. He looked at me again and i just looked away. Anywhere but at him. 

I didn't want Jasmine knowing I could fight. Hell, I didn't even want my family or Jason to know. I didn't want anyone to know. It would raise suspicion. 

"So, uh where's your brother? And Jason?" Adam asked. 

I turned my attention back to him. 

"Luke's somewhere around here. And Jason's at his house with his sister." I said. 

Adam nodded. "Cool. So, great dance by the way." Adam smirked as he brought his cup to his lips. He took a sip and i blushed. I don't know why. 

"I know right!" Jazz said, smiling. 

"You saw that?" I asked, slightly embarrassed. 

Adam was still smirking. "Oh yeah. Everyone did. You guys were hot!" Adam said. 

I blushed deeper. 

"Why thank you Adam." Jazz said. 

"Your welcome. And you look beautiful, if I might add." Adam said, looking directly at me. 

Did he just...Oh boy. I felt Jazz's hand on my shoulder squeeze tight and I nudged her with my elbow. I know what she was thinking. 

"T-thanks. Actually, its all thanks to Jazz." I said, smiling nervously.