Chapter 5: Dad Is In Danger, Let's Heal Him!

ابدأ من البداية

Well, it is my fault because of how I chose to develop myself. But it's also true at the same time that there have been healing dragons throughout the history of this world that did not receive the benefit of being able to consciously train while still being in the egg.

I am basically a normal healing dragon with an abnormal physical body for my age.

Let's just do what I can.

...

For the rest of the week since Sans last sent his message, I have been practicing expelling my mana while simultaneously training my vocal cords.

I have come to be able to speak much clearer than my previous self of when I was just starting. It's like night and day.

I guess it's because I'm a dragon?

Dragons must physically develop fast I'm guessing because that pig that my dad brought me for my first meal has now become 3 sizes smaller than me. Let me tell you, my scales are getting bigger and bigger. That also means that my old ones are getting smaller, so they are falling off me while new ones quickly replace them.

For some reason I collect these fallen scales and put them in a pile next to where I practice. I don't know why. It just seems natural to do so.

I look at my scales that are growing on my body. It's mostly white, but for some reason, there are purple scales growing on my wings in the center. Mom has also mentioned that my horns are starting to develop, a purple color. She has no idea why that is happening, all healing dragons are always entirely white, save for their eyes. My eyes are also purple. I think that this purple is coming from the mix of mother's and father's eyes. Blue and red.

My guess is that this is all because I'm a reborn person. It's always something, isn't it? I feel that I can connect a lot of my theories back to being a reborn person. I think this is happening so that if I were to be able to travel the world before I get killed, I can tell who else is a reborn just by looking at them. I wouldn't have to manipulate their thoughts or play games with them so that they admit of their past.

"But hey, that's just a theory." I say to myself, referencing one of my favorite youtube channels. I can speak quite coherently now. It's amazing. I learned an entire language without even studying for it.

I guess that is just an extra perk of being a dragon?

Back to my siblings, Aqua and Odin are still unable to open their eyes. I mean, they are only like a week old. It wasn't until I was 2 weeks old that I could open my eyes.

But they are so cute when they make the meep noises that I used to make as they blindly wiggle their limbs around trying to explore. When they are not exploring, I can expect with high certainty that they will be cuddled together breathing gently in their sleep.

I wish I could join them. I am not that much older than them, but I feel a great distance between myself and them. The pressure of this responsibility of keeping my family safe is keeping me from taking things easy. I'm almost jealous.

No, I am jealous.

As I'm sitting there, gazing at my siblings with this unnecessary feeling inside myself, my mom seemed to sense my distress.

"What's wrong, Setsuna? What's on your mind?" My mother asked.

"Nothing." I say quickly before crawling away as fast as I could away from her to my special spot. I'm so stupid, why did I dodge her question? Why can't I just honestly answer her?

While beating myself up with questions, I practice expelling my mana while muttering new words to myself so that I can correctly speak them later without embarrassing myself later.