Chapter 32 | Gu Poison

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The black shadow flashed and the shadow guard did what he was ordered to. The figure of An Ruolan vanished from the room, only the bloodstains and the overturned food box remained.

Qi Xutian wiped the blood away from Qi Mingyue's lips, tenderly caressed his face and kissed him in pity, "Does it still hurt?"

Qi Mingyue shook his head in denial. He just felt weak all over his body and came to realise that he may be seriously ill. "I'm just a little tired. Don't worry, Father, I'll take a rest."

Qi Xutian gently placed his body on the bed and covered him well. He looked at the overturned food box, frowned and called out. Another shadow guard appeared in front of him.

"What happened outside the hall?" An Ruolan could not enter the Xuantian Palace without hindrance. When he received the report from the Shadow Guard, she had arrived inside the hall. How could the outside guards not see her?

"The subordinates are trying to make a report. The guards outside the hall were found dead in the side hall. Their death was peaceful. I think they were affected by a venom. Shadow Five found the enemy's trail and pursued, but did not return."

This way, An Ruolan's intrusion was pre-planned, as for the pastries she brought... Qi Xutian picked up a piece carefully and instructed Shadow Two: "Listen to my order, being Ying Ran back quickly."

"Yes." The black figure disappeared as if no one had even been there in the first place.

Qi Xutian walked to the side of the bed, looked at MingEr's small sleeping face, and wiped the cold sweat from his forehead for him. Undoubtedly, he must have suffered a lot before, otherwise, he wouldn't be this exhausted and sleep so deeply.

Thinking of the poison in his body, a sharp light flashed in Qi Xutian's eyes. He walked to the table, drank the already cool tea, and tasted its bitterness in his mouth. His hold on the cup tightened slightly and the corner of his lips curved into an almost unnoticeable cruel arc. He raised his sleeves, returned to the bed and cautiously embraced Qi Mingyue in his arms to sleep. He scanned his sleeping face and his eyes slowly softened.

There was no further sound in the silent bedchamber - a heavy yet mysterious atmosphere lingered in the room along with a subtle smell of blood. Altogether, the room held a strong sense of coldness.

Outside the window, a gentle breeze blew. There was a small amount of powder on the table where the teapot was placed and it scattered on the ground with the wind.

•×•×•

The next day, everyone in the palace was aware of the abnormal atmosphere. His Majesty did not bring Second Prince Qi Mingyue to morning court. Although the prince didn't speak anything in court in the past, everyone was used to seeing him and His Majesty appear together. They didn't know why he came alone today. His expression was deep and it looked like he was smiling but it inexplicably made people scared.

They didn't know who angered His Majesty. Was it the second prince? Was His Majesty tired of loving him? The ministers were curious but they knew to never say the wrong thing, otherwise, they might die. Who knew if His Majesty would rise up the next moment in anger if he heard the wrong words? It would be too late to beg for mercy.

"Is there anything important to discuss today?" Qi Xutian looked at the courtiers and asked casually.

General An standing amongst the group of ministers hesitated and finally, he took a step forward, "Your Majesty, this minister..." He opened his to speak but didn't know what to say. Once his daughter entered the harem, she was considered a royal person. He really did not know how to ask His Majesty about the crime his daughter committed and the reason why she was imprisoned in the underground palace.