his bed was comfortable as always and his smell was comforting. you sighed softly, burying your face into his pillow, before you knew it you were sobbing. you needed him to come back.

~

"what of you? I like our change of plans, Doc." Bash said, as he approached Gilbert, who was staring into the distance, admiring the sea. "Canada, exited to go."

"you're daring, coming to this level of the deck. if Fireman hears about you coming up here, you can expect trouble," Gilbert said, not taking his eyes of the water. "but I'm excited to go as well, I'll see my friends again."

"you mean you'll see Y/n again," Bash said, making Gilbert roll his eyes.

"yea, I really miss her, I can't wait to see her," Gilbert said, a smile creeping up his face. "I'm pretty nervous though."

"why's that?" Bash asked.

Gilbert gulped, "I lied to you... about not being in love with her."

"so she is your girlfriend!" Bash yelled. "I knew it! I knew it all along!"

Gilbert frowned as he clenched his jaw, "she isn't my girlfriend, Bash, she rejected me... and then I left, without even saying goodbye cuz well... I'm an idiot," Gilbert said scratching his head.

"I'm sorry, Blythe," Bash said, his smile fading from his face.

"don't be, I just have to move on, I think I'll be able to," Gilbert said, knowing damn well he was lying and would never get over you in a million years.

"good luck with that," Bash said, studying Gilbert's face, with a small smirk.

"oh, shut up," Gilbert said, letting out a small chuckle.

~

you were walking towards the schoolhouse with your brother, you hadn't talked to him alot lately, he was always out or studying in his room, you didn't even know why, now he wasn't leaving for college.

"so, are you and Cole a couple now?" you asked, after several minutes of silence.

"yea," Tyler mumbled, he was looking at the floor.

"what's wrong Ty?" you asked.

"nothing it's just, I'm worried how mom will react, she hates people like me," Tyler said.

"oh no I'm sure it'll be fine, you're her son! she loves you!" you said laying your hands on Tyler's shoulders.

"it's against the law to be like me," Tyler said, his eyes were glossy.

"then the law is wrong!" you said, wrapping your arms around him. "I will not stand here and let you doubt yourself! you and Cole are an amazing couple!" you said.

"you're honestly the best little sister ever," Tyler said, smiling at you.

"quit calling me little, I'm not small you're just taller!"

"keep telling yourself that," Tyler said as he walked on.

your mouth fell open, "I'm not small! I'm actually pretty tall for a girl!" you exclaimed.