☆Part 1☆

Hello there! This is my first try on MishBir and I hope I've done justice to it.
P.S. As much as I love his long hair and her chashma, I've written this keeping in mind Mishbir 2.0 looks. 🙈
Hope y'all take out some time to read this and drop your reviews.
Happy reading. ❤

○○○○○○○○○○○

The grand banquet hall in the huge mall of Delhi was all set for the event as the guests began arriving and were already enjoying the party with full music and entertainment. The lighting, color combinations and buffet arrangement adding more glamour and raising the charm.

It was not long before the two families conducting the event, also graced the venue with their presence and exchanged greetings.

"You look beautiful Sonakshi." Meenakshi Rajvansh complimented her future daughter-in-law who smiled and thanked her.

Sonakshi Bose - A budding wedding planner and an ultra-modern woman for whom career comes first, above all. She'd always had a soft corner for Abir, her college friend and now, her would be fiancé, but never thought that her and his parents would actually go ahead and fix their wedding. They both were quite close friends and with the thought that they would eventually fall in love with each other, none opposed to the alliance.

"Ye Abir kahaan rehgaya?" Yashpal, Abir's grandfather, wondered as he scanned his eyes around. That boy was never on time.

"Jugnu bhaiya ka call aaya tha. They'll be here soon." Ketki, a cousin to Abir, informed him and he nodded.

On the other hand, a car came to a screeching halt in the basement's parking lot and a guy hurriedly climbed off the car, clad in a pitch black designer suit along with a shirt of the same colour.

"Arrey, Abir bhaiya." Jugnu, who was getting off the co-driver's, called out to him making him stop in his tracks. He exhaled a frustrated sigh and turned to him in exasperation.

Abir Rajvansh - the only son to the single mother, Meenakshi Rajvansh. An artist, a poet, a photographer, a traveller - this guy possessed all the talents. He also owns an NGO, through which he helps orphan kids. A carefree, fun loving, cheerful and positive minded guy. Currently residing in Mumbai, but flew down to Delhi for his engagement where his and Sonakshi's families live. Though friends, he and Sonakshi were never on the same wavelength. Opposite to her, he is a traditionalist and he believes that loves comes first, above all. As much as he tried to overlook the facts that he and Sonakshi were poles apart, he'd eventually given in when his mother proposed her to him to be his bride. He never shared a normal equation with his mother because for her, her work, her business was always her priority and with time, Abir learnt to live without getting a mother's affection. After all, he always had his grandfather, his bro by his side.

"Ab kya hai Jugnu?" Abir asked through his clenched teeth, irritated by almost everything in life on that particular day. He was already running late for his own engagement ceremony for God's sake. His mother would definitely kill him if he wasted another minute more.

"Aapke joote." Jugnu pressed, indicating towards his shoes and Abir glanced down at his feet only to be left slack-jawed. His eyes widened as he glanced at Jugnu and back at his feet which had slippers on.

"Jugnuuu." Abir cried as he gave Jugnu a quick hug and scampered back towards his car, grabbing the shoes from the back seat. "Tere bina mera kya hota? I love you yaar." He said to him as he hurriedly changed his footwear while the latter grinned proudly.

"Ab daant dikhana bandh kar aur chal. Big Ben maar daalegi warna." He scoffed, shutting the door of the car and rushed ahead followed by Jugnu.

They were just about to dash inside the building when Abir bumped into someone, a girl to be specific, and it took both of them a moment to compose themselves while Jugnu stood at a distance as a silent spectator.