CH. 1

(Eun Kyung POV)

"Please don't cry, this is for you." I looked up with teary eyes and saw two boys my age, one handing me a lightsaber from the famous film Galaxy Strife.

"Ah, your Majesty--"

"Don't worry about greeting me right now. I'm sorry for your loss Eun, your father was a great man and I'm thankful he was there to fight for mine," the king began. "We'll get through this together, here." The other boy handed me the lightsaber.

*Sniff* "All of your crying has made me want to cry!" The other boy whimpered.

"Thank you, I'm Choi Eun Kyung by the way," I replied, taking the lightsaber and wiping my tears. "What's your name?"

"I'm Jo Yeong."

"From now on, we're a trio! The King of Corea, Unbreakable Sword, and Fearless Saber!" Lee Gon announced. "Let's conquer the world!!"

A couple years later, when I was 16, I wanted to experience school life outside of the palace, so I transferred to a public school in Busan and somehow people recognized me. I was categorized as one of the close friends of the king and people immediately began asking me questions. Unfortunately, a group of fangirls of the king grew jealous of my friendship with him and started bullying me.

[In the palace--Eun's room]

*Sniff sniff* I tried to keep my crying to a minimum so no one would hear me, but to my disappointment, I heard footsteps approaching my room.

"Eun-ah? Are you ok?" Yeong asked, concern laced his voice.

"Don't come in! I'm fine."

"That's exactly what girls say when they're not. Did you get bullied at school again?"

I opened the door. Much to Yeong's surprise, my eyes were red from crying and I had bruises all over my face.

"Eun-ah..." Yeong hugged me tightly and patted my back as I started crying loudly. After I calmed down, Yeong took me to the infirmary to patch my wounds.

"Eun, this might sting a bit." I winced as Yeong bandaged my face. *Sigh* "Eun, you should tell someone, I can't be at your school to protect you. Maybe you should tell his Majesty and he will fix the issue."

"No! I don't want to bother him. He is so busy with his duties. A teenager like him should be enjoying life, not stressing about foreign affairs and the state of the country. I don't want to add my petty problem to his pile of work. I can handle it," I pleaded.

The next day at school, I was called into the principal's office. To my surprise, I found my bullies and... the king?

"Eun-ah, Yeong told me about this. Why didn't you immediately tell me, I would have helped you right away," Lee Gon asked.

"You were busy with your duties so I didn't want to bother you."

"Well anyways," the principal started, "Eun Kyung, his Majesty suggested that you go back to the palace to study. Also, your bullies will be taken care of accordingly. Do you agree?"

"I guess so," I replied dejectedly. With crestfallen eyes, I walked out of the office and began to pack up my stuff.

Lee Gon followed me, "Hey, you don't have to go back if you don't want to."

"No, I think this is a good opportunity to leave, I guess I wasn't welcomed here."

After that experience, I became more reserved and built up my defensive social walls so that I would never get hurt again. I hated the fact that I was helpless, and couldn't do anything about it.

[Time skip: a year later]

"What are you and his Majesty going to do when you turn 18? I want to study medicine! Hopefully Uncle Buyeong will teach me his ways," I excitedly stated.

"We are going to enlist in the Navy. It's our duty," Yeong replied.

"Aw, I'm going to miss you guys when you go train in the Navy. Who're going to be my friends at the palace?"

"We still have a year before we enlist. Don't worry Eun, we'll be back occasionally. Also, I'm sure that you'll be great at studying medicine to become a doctor. Prince Buyeong is one of the best professors out there." Yeong ensured me while ruffling my hair. We were walking to the bakery to get the special edition of milk bread for Lee Gon's birthday.

"Eun-ah, it's crowded in the bakery, I'll go to get it, you wait outside." While Yeong went into the bakery, I stared at the night sky. It was weird how the limited edition milk bread was released at midnight instead of in the morning, but oh well, at least I don't have to wake up early tomorrow. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize that a man was running towards me.

"Gwah!" I yelped as the man held a gun to my head.

"DON'T COME CLOSER, OR I'LL KILL HER!" the man threatened. The police chasing him were hesitant, but still holding their guns. I struggled to breathe and felt absolutely helpless. Is this how I'm going to die??

"EUN-AH!" Yeong yelled for me as he kicked the man. I was let go from the man's grasp. Yeong and the man fought, but to my horror, the man shot at Yeong.

"YEONG!!" I yelled as I ran up to him. The police ended up arresting the man and an ambulance soon came. I cried and cried. It was all my fault, I should have been paying attention to my surroundings. If I did, then this wouldn't have happened. The feeling of helplessness returned. I'm the one always being protected, why can't I protect others?

[A few hours later]

"We removed the bullet from his shoulder. He will be fine, he just needs lots of rest." the doctor stated.

"Thank you," Lee Gon replied. The doctor left and I just stood frozen looking at an unconscious Yeong. "Eun-ah, it's not your fault. The police should have been more careful."

"Not my fault? But it is! I zoned out and lacked the capability to defend myself. I can't just keep having Yeong protect me! Someday you guys will leave me."

"Then, why don't you enlist in the Navy with us next year?"

"Me? Enlist in the Navy? I have the athleticism of a leaf! Are you crazy?....ah sorry your Majesty."

"I'm sure your hard work will pay off. Don't think that I don't notice you running in the morning and training yourself."

"I'll think about it."

(3rd POV)

Eventually, Yeong woke up and recovered. Eun Kyung ultimately decided to enlist in the Navy along with Lee Gon and Yeong. She trained hard and obtained the rank of lieutenant in the Navy. She is especially talented in military tactics, and served as the advisor to the commander. Now, she serves as Vice Captain of the Royal Guards along with Captain Jo Yeong for the King of Corea, Lee Gon.