Since the age of 10, the boy with the love of music has portrayed himself as a man. A man who loves his mother more than the world itself. He's been cooking her dinner since he could turn on a stove. He's been cleaning the house for her since he knew how to use a broom.

Most importantly, he's been the support beam to her life since he knew what emotions were.

Gavin is a very special person, but only to one human being. The woman that showed him the world.

That's the thought that goes through his head whenever he sees her chocolate brown eyes. Her messy, brunette hair. The way her face lights up any time he walks through the door after a long day of school.

Gavin was a complete replica of his mother. With shaggy dark-brown hair and milk chocolate eyes, he looked exactly like her. The only difference being the height. While she was only 5'6", Gavin stood tall at 6'1".

"I told you before, you don't always have to make me food sweetie," His mother said.

"I know I don't have to," Gavin replied with a bright smile. "Only problem is I want to."

She giggled lightly and stretched as Gavin drained the spaghetti noodles. He pulled two bowls out of the cabinet, mixing the noodles and sauce together, distributing it evenly into the bowls. He opened the fridge and grabbed parmesan cheese, adding it to her moms bowl. Same way she likes it.

He grabbed the bowls and brought them over to where his mother was laying, placing her bowl on the table in front of her.

"You're too kind," She said, sitting up to eat. He smiled and said, "I learned it from you."

The two interacted like this a lot. She always slept during the day, and they talked often during the night. Sometimes they would walk down to the river and skip rocks.

She stopped leaving the house, however. Gavin started going out alone whenever she was asleep. He needed a place to cope after finding out she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.
~~~~~~~~~~

For some unknown reason, that interaction plays in his head every time he thinks about her.

It's been two years since then. He was now graduated, and now lived in Clarksville. The same place she was buried.

His one dream was to become a professional jazz musician. He wanted to be like Charlie Parker. However after his mom's death due to a mistake a certain doctor made, he switched his major in college to becoming a doctor.

Needless to say, the doctor that got his mom killed didn't have the best conversation with Gavin. He's always been able to keep his composure, no matter the situation. Though because his will to live was now gone, so was his ability to hold it together.

He visits the Land Between the Lakes every so often, though most days he just stands at the bridge crossing the river.

He was beginning his second year in college. He was working a night shift at a local bar, having to change his shift around for his college hours. He felt uneasy, knowing sleep would be rare now. Working during the day, making drinks at night.

He currently stood on the bridge, just watching as the river flowed. He had an hour left until he has to go into work, and decided to spend that hour at the river.

It wasn't going to be a good day at work. His boss was actually his new best friend, and he knows all about what today is. Today would've been his mother's 47th birthday.

Gavin was now very social. He went from being the quiet kid who didn't go to prom to having deep conversations with the people coming in to drink their pain away.

His co-workers and boss would often hang out after hours, them being his first official friend group.

While his life seemed better than it used to be, he would change it back to the past in a heart beat. All the conversations, all the laughs, all the good times he has with these people. It's no where near the same amount of joy he got when he'd see his mother when he walked through the door.

He sighed. It was a cold day night, his favorite weather. As he grabbed his bag to head to work, he noticed a group of what looked like seniors in high school walking along. They were all laughing, having a grand old time. Normally he didn't pay attention to it, but they seemed familiar. It almost felt like deja vu.

He shrugged and ignored it, heading to work, where he was greeted by his boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry if this seemed kinda boring.

Usually when I make books they go by rather fast, but lately I've learned that the more detailed a story gets, the better it can be.

I can't promise fast updates, as I am a very busy man. However I have a lot of faith with this story.

Anyways, thanks for reading! I wish you all a wonderful night!