Chapter 7

Third Point of View:

The drink was so hot that Chan couldn't help but gasp at the burning sensation. "Oh, fuck," he hissed as he took a few steps back. "Careful there."

Chan lowered his gaze, his attention caught by the stain in the middle of his shirt. He'd been used to much worse pain to feel the sting.

Mery clamped a hand over her mouth and her eyes widened with shock. What in the world just happened?

"O-Oh my god! Oh my god! I am so sorry!" Mery said, taking out a tissue. "I am very sorry!"

In her clumsy attempt to give the small piece of fabric, she blushed, cheeks flushing a deep red. She couldn't believe what just happened.

Struggling with pain, Chan waved her off, chuckling. "Don't bother. It's no big deal."

Even though Chan didn't seem upset, Mery felt guilt eating her up. She pushed the tissue further into his hand, ashamed. "No, take it."

"Don't worry," Chan smiled softly, shaking his head. "It takes more than one cup of hot chocolate to burn me."

Regardless of his refusal, she offered him the tissue, apologizing numerous times for the mess. "I am honestly—"

As she wanted to finish her sentence, Chaeryoung interfered, taking both Chan's hands, faking a pout. "I apologize for her clumsiness. She's always like that!"

Mery rolled her eyes, glancing at the obvious chocolate stain on Chan's chest. She bit her lips.

"I will deal with her later!" Chaeryoung continued, tightening her grip around Chan's slender fingers.

Chan laughed softly. "No need for that." He freed his hands with a forced smile. He looked at his watch and sighed. "I have to leave, girls. See you around."

Mery stared at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the universe. "Yeah, bye."

Chaeryoung waved her hands energetically, following Chan's silhouette as it disappeared in the crowd of people.

While marching toward the front gate, Mery hit Chaeryoung's rib. "Are you obliged to make a fool of me? Am I a joke to you?"

Chaeryoung huffed. "What did you expect? To give you a noble price and beat him up? No sense."

"Well thank you!" Mery said sarcastically, clicking her tongue in annoyance.

.......................................................................................................................................

When Chan arrived at the university, he walked straight to the toilets, carrying clean clothes in one hand and a laptop in the other.

He thought about the strange human girl that kept bumping into him. He couldn't wrap his head around the mystery behind her transparency or the fact that she seemed so familiar. 

"Hey, dude!"

Turning around, Chan was met by one of his pack mates, Changbin.

"Oh, who painted your shirt brown, man? Some other crazy fan?" Changbin whistled at the sight. "Well, damn. What a way to ruin a shirt."

"As if," Chan said as he entered the bathroom, taking off his top. "Accidents happen."

"If you say so."

"It's nothing really." Chan finished changing his clothes and headed to his next class with Changbin.

.......................................................................................................................................

In another part of the university, students were getting settled in their seats, waiting for the teacher to come.

"Yuna, could you fuck off? I am not in the mood for your shit," A black-haired boy with innocent features said. "Go bother someone else."

Yuna, a beautiful, red-haired girl, seemed unbothered by the insult. Blinking cutely, she cooed, a cheeky smile on her face. "But Jeongin, I really enjoy your presence."

Jeongin rolled his eyes and turned his head to the side, ignoring her completely. He wondered his eyes over his classmates just to be surprised by a girl in a flower-patterned outfit.

Oh, shit. He was pretty sure no one was sitting in front of him just one minute ago. So, how didn't he feel her presence? How didn't he feel her blood pumping in her veins?

His eyes shifted red before returning black again. Jeongin stood up from his seat, leaving a confused Yuna behind as he made it to the girl. He sat next to her, smiling.

"Hey! I'm Jeongin!" He said and gave her a hand-shake.

The girl looked at him, thinking that he was extremely cute and friendly. "Oh, hi... My name is Mery."

"I noticed you were alone here," Jeongin said, taking out his books. "So maybe, we should be friends?"

Mery broke into a sheepish grin. "That's so sweet," She answered as the teacher made his way through the classroom announcing the start of class.

Jeongin stayed quiet, scanning skeptically the girl. She wasn't normal, that's for sure. He smirked, deviating his gaze from her face to the blackboard.

Things promise to get interesting.
.
.
.
.

Today promises to be a long day.

Author note:

It's been 9999999999999 years since I updated but I will MAKE SURE to update at least twice a week from now on. (hopefully)

Please vote an comment if you enjoyed the chapter 💞