I looked at the bow with hesitation. It felt different from my own. The handle was not as shaped to my hand, and there were no engravings on the wood either. The string seemed to be made out of some sort of rough material that made my fingers itch even before I thouched it. Don't get me wrong, the bow was greatly made. A Haphestus camper probably made it with prescision and care, but it was nothing in my eyes compared to my silver engraved bow, that was accustomed to my grip with a string as soft as silk. 

Still, the layed-back, expectant look from the identical eyes of the boys made me prepare my stance and grab for an arrow. Once again the rough wood took me by surprise, but yet my hesitation was less than a second long before I notched the arrow. 

I rose my arm up and closed my eyes. The looks from the twins were distracting me. My slim fingers wiggled against the bow and string to become more comfortable. A thought occured to me and I almost huffed in frustration. I must look like a novice to them! With my uneasy stature and shuffling fingers, I must look weak. 

At this thought I opened my eyes, straightened my back and steadied my stance. I pulled back on  the string and rolled my shoulders back. I closed my eyes agin to regain my focus when suddenly a sharp, unspleasant feeling rose from out of me. I just managed to keep a moan of pain from leaving my lips, yet I still flinched at the sudden pain. I craked an eye open and I saw that my senses were hightened and I could see every fabric fiber in the target from fifty feet away. Then a sense of nausea came over me and my vision started to blur. My fingers quivered from the weakness that suddenly raked through my body. 

"Woah, you okay there sweetcheeks?" One of the twins said. I couldn't tell which one said it becasue of my fading vision and hearing. I gave a low moan and I lowered my bow. "Okay, okay, Ara. You happy now?" 

Before I could respond, black spots appeared in my vision and my fingers finally let go of the bow. The moment the bow touched the ground, The black spots disappeared from my vision and the nausea left me.

"Hey... uh, you doing alright? Damn, sould we just get Chiron? Maybe one of the Athena kids has some nectar or something..." Travis's voice sounded concerned. 

I ignored him. I felt jsut as well as I had before, except for a strange pulse that worked its way into my fingers. Somehow, I knew what my body wanted.

I then brought my hands forward and arched my body in the way you would have it before you released your arrow. With my hand at my cheek and hand straightened infront of me, I summoned my bow. my bow hummed with pleasure at being used at last. Then, without a second thought, I released my arrow. 

It was strange how I never noticed how my arrow flew. It had a straight, determined path, and my eyes followed it, making the rest of the world blur into green and black. The arrow was nearly invisible.

It hit the center. I wasn't surprised. If I wanted the arrow to land in the bulls eye, it would. 

It took me a moment to remember where I was and what I was doing. When I did, my sharpened sences left me and my eyes darted to Conor and Travis who, of corse, were shocked to say the least. 

Both of them had thier mouths slightly agape and had matching faces of astonishment, extreme intrest, and maybe even a bit of fear. 

"So... I assume you've been shooting before." Travis said hesitantly. I craked a small smile. 

"How in Hades do you manage to pull that thing with the bow?" Conor leaned in and looked at the bow with facination, like it was an opportunity for a future prank. I took a step back and gripped my bow with both hands and clutched it to my chest. I suddenly felt very protective and self-concious. 

"Hey! What kind of bull did you just pull huh?" an Ares kid marched up to Conor, Travis and I. When he stood a few feet away from me, that is when I realized that nearly everyone on the archery range was watching me. "Did you just summon that bow?"

I blinked up at the child of Ares and started to hyperventilate. To many eyes. 

Just then, the "hot" boy that the Aphrodite girls were gossiping about ran up behind me and by doing so, I nearly shot him with another arrow. "Woah, woah, woah! Stop it, can't you see shes scared?" He was from the Apollo cabin from whart I couls pick up from his blonde hair and blinding grin. He patted a perfectly tanned hand on my shoulder making me jump. I heard one of the Aphrodite girls shout in frustration. 

Then one of the Athena spectators came running up and shouted "You are seeing Chiron right now." 

"W-what? Why?" I stuttered. She looked at me like the answer was obvious. 

"Because we've never seen anything like this. Chiron will know what to do."

I don't know when it started raining because I could've sworn just a moment ago, it was a clear sky. And then lightning struck me.

A/N:

GUYS I UPDATED AREN'T YOU PROUD!!!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated anything for the last year or so. I just never felt like I could. 

But here it is. this momentus occasion. 

Another chapter.

Please vote, comment, share, and follow and hopefully i'll see you all again soon!

question of the day: who should be the next character I reel into the story?

thank you all for staying with me! I know its been hard but

see you on the dark side

~wingedwolf~