~Night Romance~☺️

Sidharth reached Gill House carrying an unconscious Shehnaaz in his arms and took her straight to her room. The Gill family was shocked seeing their daughter in this condition and immediately followed Sid's trail. He placed Sana on the bed, making her head rest on the cushion and covered her with a comforter. He gently caressed her head and a tear threatened to fall on his cheek but he wiped it on time. Yash came running and sat beside Sana patting her head. He inquired about the reason for Sana's state. Sid narrated the whole incident with some changes in the actual story but his eyes never left his Shehnaaz, even for a second. Yash thanked him for saving her family's reputation. But he didn't know that his words were falling on deaf ears as Sid's brain played the incident in loop.

When Yash instructed Shikha to remain by Shehnaaz's side, Sid knew it was time to go. With a heavy heart, he left her hand which he held secretly under the blanket and left her room. Today, the journey to his room was longer than usual, as the flashes of Sana's helplessness kept coming in front of him. He suddenly started feeling that he should have personally kept a watch on them. He was angry at himself to prioritise some petty immigration work more than his Sana's safety despite of knowing Paras's intentions. At the same time, he was a bit angry on Sana, if only she had taken his advice seriously he gave her the other day, there were chances of avoiding this incident. His eyes turned red with fury as he remembered about Paras. He picked his phone and called his close ally who was a police officer.

"Sharma, make sure that the bastard doesn't get a bail atleast for a month. Beat him, torture him, make him suffer to such an extent that he would beg for death rather than living with this agony. Your account has already been credited with the payment." he said in a cold tone.

Shehnaa opened her eyes slowly and her mind reeled the incident that happened few hours ago. She looked around scared but sighed in relief when she comprehended that she was in her own room. Her mother hugged her quickly and she clutched her tight fearing that Paras will come again. Her mother kissed her forehead and inquired whether she was fine. She gave her the medicines the doctor had prescribed. While drinking water, her eyes involuntarily searched for her saviour who was not around. She suddenly only wanted him to be by her side and her heart did a somersault as the next second she heard Parminder informing her as to how Sid brought her safely. She recalled her calling him before fainting in his arms. She wanted to see him just once but she knew she wouldn't be able to do so as she was surrounded by her protective family. Parminder instructed Shikha to be with Shehnaaz and all others took her leave. Sana slept almost immediately with the heavy dose of sedatives.

*****************************************
Night @ 2 am

Sid sat by his bed with a drink in his hand staring blankly at the wall in front of him. The fateful event was continuously playing in his mind making him all the more frustrated and guilty. "I am sorry" was all he muttered under his breath. The flashes of the incident replayed in her dreams, clutching the bedsheet tight she woke up with heavy breathing screaming Sid's name. She tried to gauge her surroundings and relaxed when she found herself in her own room and Shikha sleeping besides her on the bed. All of a sudden, she had this urge to check on him, to ensure that he was fine. She picked up her dupatta and wrapping it around her shoulder she went to see him. "Just once I will peep through the window, Pakka" she said to her Babaji. When she neared his room she saw it was unlocked, she opened it slightly and the sight in front of her made her heart constrict in pain.

She saw him holding a drink with a defeated look on his face. The man inside was not her Sid, he was not weak, he was smart, calculative, manipulative and moreover a strong man. "Tera Sid yeh kab ho gaya" her inner voice chided her.  Unknowingly, from past few days, Shehnaaz was mastering the art of understanding this man through his face because when she tried to fathom him by the words he spoke she failed miserably. Anyone would, hearing his confusing talks. Also, she was quite successful in her mission as now she can understand him by observing his expressions. For example when he is angry like the other day when she had provoked him by chanting Paras's name or when he is irritated like yesterday when she came to defend Paras she sensed him as he said "Tum hi mari jaari ho Paras se shaadi karne ke liye." She was stunned at her analysis on him.

Her heart went out to him when she saw him taking another sip of the bitter liquid. Unable to control herself she ran and sat infront him. She grasped his hand which held the drink and said softly "Bas ab aur nahi". Aid looked angrily at the person who had dared to intrude his privacy, he was bit tipsy, but didn't fail to feel her presence. She put the drink aside and her gaze fell on the back of his right hand which was bruised. She immediately got up and frantically searched for first aid box. Finding it, she kneeled down before him, took his hand and applied the ointment. "Thoda dard hoga" she said, her whole concentration on his wound. He looked at her lovingly as it was after so many years someone was tending him. She bandaged his hand and was putting the medicine back in the kit but those loose tendrils kept falling on her cheeks. He tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ear and she allowed herself to get drowned in those pools again.

Sidharth took the medicine box from her hand and kept it away. Pulling her hand, he made her sit on his lap and hugged her tight. She came back from her lala land and realised their position strangely she didn't feel uncomfortable. And then when he hugged she couldn't help but embrace him more tightly. She kept her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes to enjoy this moment. Sid felt as if he was finally at home. This is where he belonged all these years, with her, in her arms and cuddled more to her. He closed his eyes in bliss but today's events played in his mind again and his eyes turned coal black. He tugged on her hair, making her hiss in pain thus breaking their joyous moment. Gazing at her angrily, Sid said

Sid - Kaha than na maine door raho usse. Par tumne kabhi meri baat suni hai jo ab sunogi.

Shenaaz looked at his changed mood but realised that it was probably the alcohol effect. Having no words to explain her act, she down casted her eyes in guilt and mentally made a note to apologise to him the next day. Raising her chin up, he said softly

Sid - Tumhe kuch ho jaata toh mera kya hota kabhi socha hai. Andaaza bhi hai tumhe mujh par kya beeti thi tumhe uss haalat mei dekhke. Darr gaya tha mai ki agar mujhse thodi aur der ho jaati toh pata nahi tumhaare saath kya ho jaata. Rooh kaap uthti hai meri jab bhi mai uss haadse ke bare mei sochta hu, tumhaari cheekhe dil mei chubhti hai. Meri galti hai mujhe waha par jaldi pohochna chahiye tha. Mujhe maaf kardo.

She placed a finger on his lips and gestured him not to apologise.

Sana - Kyu Sidharth. Kyu hai aapko itni fikar who bhi uss ladki ke liye jisse aap sirf 2 hafte pehle mile hai. Kyu karni hai aapko mujhse shaadi.

Sid smiled at her confusion and whispered in her ear...

"We have come a long way Sana. I know you since the time you were born. Mai tumhaara bohot puraana aashiq hu..."

His words made her heart skip a beat and a blush crept up her cheeks.

She still whispered "Fir bhi, Kyu?"

He took her hands and placed it above his heart.

"Kyu ki yeh dil tumhaara hai. Kyu ki yeh sirf tumhaare liye dhadakta hai. Kyu ki isse tumse pyaar hai..."

Sana's breath hitched as she heard his sweet confession. She raised her head up and saw him looking at her with love filled eyes. She shied and looked sideways to hide that idiotic smile which was creeping up her lips. The moment she saw in his eyes again, she shivered at the intensity of the gaze, and that was the time she realised the depth of his feelings and agreed that whatever he said was 100% true. He cupped her cheeks and placed a sloppy kiss on her right cheek, right above the red marks. He then kissed the corner of her lips on her bruise and she had to tuck in her breath at his touch. Her lips quivered in anticipation of his next move but he again surprised her as he gave a hard peck on her forehead and embraced her affectionately...

After sometime when she tried to move out of the hug she heard his soft snoring and chuckled at the man. She was amazed looking at the man infront of her who was so hard from outside but so tender from inside. With much difficulty, she made him lie down on the bed and sat beside him on the bed admiring him. She stroked his hair and allowed her hands to feel the contours of his face. Her gaze fell on his perfect shaped lips and she very naively bent down and gave a light and gentle peck on his lips. The minute she realised her actions she got up at once and ran to her room. She calmed down her thudding heart and climbed her bed to experience the most beautiful sleep of her life...

*****************************************

Do read, vote and comment ❤️