Whether frustrated or angry... perhaps both, I wouldn't be able to tell. "Jim, I saw them reduce four of my doctors and nurses into those little.... Cubes." Someone entered as Kirk fired back. I turned my attention to the new commer. It was a large man in a pink outfit and belt with some kind of box on it. The entire table went silent upon seeing him. His eyes fixed themselves on me.

Eventually, he stopped just behind Scotty's chair. "Who are you, and why have you not been neutralized."

Tch. "(Y/n), and that answer is unknown. I was only doing my lab work and had come out to speak with our chief engineer to find the ship like a barren wasteland."

He just nodded, and then looked over the food on the table. "I do not understand why you take the trouble to consume this... bulk material to, uh, sustain yourselves. We have ascertained that these contain all the nutritional elements." McCoy told him to try the food before he condemned it. Of course he needed assistance to operate the food replicator. I glanced to Spock, and gave him a raised brow. This was the strangest thing to ever happen to our crew in my opinion. The others at our table whispered to each other.

I on the other hand was done with whatever was going on. "Captain, I think I will go back to my lab, let me know when things return to normal or if you have need of my assistance." With that I quickly went back to my lab. In all honesty I was working on a new servo for a mechanism that could be of use in engineering.

Much to my surprise Spock came by my lab asking for some assistance. His plan was rather odd, but I agreed to assist him. "As you look more human than I, it would only make sense that you play the role. You would just have to sit on one of my legs and rub my shoulders while we play a game of 3d chess. It's quite simple, but if you don't think-"

I stopped him by placing my hand on the table and looking up from the mechanical device before me. "Mr. Spock, I had been meaning to speak with you about that matter when I got the time, but as I couldn't figure out what to say I left the idea at all. Yet here you are once again, bringing the subject up as if it were a simple matter. Surely you are aware of the role you have asked of me?"

He nodded. "Quite. I could not ask anyone else, nor would I wish to. Consider this a request for a date. A poor one because we will be working, but still a date."

That... surprised me. To think he had planned this. McCoy was right, he's a devious man. So, I narrowed my eyes. "That Mr. Spock is why McCoy calls you a devil. Should I agree, we would have a date and our first one at that where neither of us could truly relax. Yet, should I refuse, I wouldn't get my point across and would still be back where I started. So I have a better proposition. This will be a... how you say test. To see how things go, and should this go well... I will accept your request for a real date."

I caught him off guard this time. "Very well, a test date it is then. Shall we?" He held up two fingers, much like his father did. Seeing little choice, I took my fingers and placed them against his. I watched as they started their game. First I started by just observing, occasionally running my hand along Spock's arm. "Yes, humans are very peculiar. I often find them unfathomable, but an interesting psychological study. For example, my companion here seems to have developed feelings for me, despite the fact that when we first met, she had none."

He was speaking of the Captain mostly in this particular instance. The reason being was that Kirk had been teaching the other female of their group about kissing. Not only that, he took me into his example. Sneaky man, trying to see how much he can get away with. I can push back. "Well I do not understand this business of pressing with the lips to apologize."

That gave me an idea, so I pressed a little too hard on Spock's arm causing him to flinch. He turned to me, seeming confused. I frowned. "I apologize love, did I hurt you? I didn't mean it, here let me make it feel better with a kiss." His eyes widened as I lowered my head to where I'd pressed against his arm. My lips grazed the sleeve of his uniform. "After all, such apologies are only exchanged by people who have some form of affection for one another. Right, dear?"