4 | kids & ice cream

Start from the beginning

You let his words process before you said anything, confused as to why he would say that.

"Why do you say that?" 

"I've never heard you say fuck." Bakugou snorted, bringing your head up to look at him before groaning, your arms collapsing as your head fell into your arms, groaning.

You two were quiet for a few minutes, the noise of whatever the kids were doing being your background noise as you tried to clear your tornadoing thoughts. It was nice, getting to lay your head down for a few minutes while you knew another adult was in the room watching the kids.

You felt another tug on your skirt.

"Can we go get ice cream?" Okiko, the seven year old daughter of Tentacole, a hero in the top 100, asked you, her wing-like arms drooping to her sides as she let go of your skirt. A smile tugged at your lips, and you almost couldn't resist squishing her cheeks.

You thought for a second before replying, "Of course we can, Okiko. Go have everyone wash up and then we'll walk there." You told her, her shy demeanor opening up a tad as she beamed up at you, nodding before she told everyone to wash their hands so that they could get ice cream.

"You wanna join us, Bakugou?" You asked, grabbing the attention of the crimson eyed man, who's attention had been glued to watching the kids moments before.

"And why would I do that?" He scoffed as you tried your hardest to not let your eyes roll far enough into the back of your head that you'd be able to see your brain.

"Because Akemi might kill you if you don't, and the kids are pretty rowdy today. I can't handle the younger ones all on my own." You stated, starting to gather up your projects to continue later, putting them into a drawer in the small desk you used in the daycare room you occupied.

"You seem to everyday, dipshit." He said, shoving his phone into his front pocket without a second thought, turning his body to watch the kids as they all lined up to wash their hands.

"Yeah, in a confined area. I tried to take them all out once and almost lost two." You said, thinking back to the time when Fumi had wandered off, Yuri freaking out, going to look for him without telling you, almost giving you a full blown panic attack in the town square with ten small children surrounding you. You'd looked insane that day and hadn't taken them out since. That was seven months ago

"Miss, Y/N! We're all ready!" Yuri said, every kid in line with him as the leader, Nagatsuki starting to wander. 

"Thank you, Yuri. Let's go, Bakugou." You giggled, grabbing Nagatsuki and putting her on your hip, Bakugou starting for the the door to let all of the kids out single file. 

"Wait! We need buddies!" Yuri said, stopping in her tracks right before you all had left the building.

"Good idea, Yuri. Everyone buddy up! Whoever doesn't have a partner can be with Mr. Bakugou!" You said, the small child on your hip making the numbers uneven.

After Akemi screamed about wanting to be with Bakugou and giving you a migraine, everyone had a buddy. The ragtag bunch of you started your short walk to the ice cream shop down the street from your daycare.

As you walked, your arm started to ache, even though the three year old was small for her age, she was still almost thirty pounds. You shifted her to your other hip, only to have Bakugou take her from your arms without warning a few minutes later when you again readjusted her on your hip. 

"I was fine."

"Yeah, right. Kids are heavy as hell." He retorted, wincing a little as he adjusting the almost three year old, hearing the rustling of his sweater against the covered bandages on his arms.