Chapter 5

Chapter 5

        I dropped my spoon making it hit the hardwood floors with a ding.  That one small ding seemed to echo through the air.  "Hello?" I called out into the night.  Uprising by Muse played on the television sort of made this whole situation ironic.  I never thought that I would be one of those girls stuck in a house with a complete stranger; a dangerous stranger at that.  I slowly inched my way into the kitchen.  I turned on the light and ran to where we kept our large butcher knives.  I grabbed two of them and ran to another draw.  I opened it up with a creek and glanced around the kitchen.  Luckily, I didn't see anyone.  I grabbed a BIC lighter, you know one of those that you start a grill with, and walked around slowly.

        Now, I bet your wondering, why not just call the police?  Well, dear person, the answer is simple.  In all the horror movies where a poor innocent young girl is trapped inside a house with a killer, she always goes to call the police.  Does it work, nope!  It just wastes her time and makes the killer think that he's in control by frightening her.  Sure, I'm scared out of my wits but I'm not going to let him know that.

        "Come out you frigging coward!" I yelled in the hall.  Yet, there was no reply.  I walked into the den and saw that all the ice cream stuff was put away.  Wow, that's just great.  I'm stuck in a house with a killer, but, hey, at least he's a thoughtful one!  "I plopped down on the leather couch and looked at the TV even though music was still playing.  Angry Mob by Weezer came on and I couldn't help but laugh.  Why is all this music ironic for my situation?  I place a knife in the couch and the other one and the lighter on the table.  I made the kick stand on the couch come up and laid back closing my eyes.  "Can you just come out already?!" I yelled.  "It's not like I can exactly hurt you now can I?" then a thought occurred to me.  "Unless you're even more psychotic and love to watch me tear myself apart in fear.  It won't work, I'm actually offering myself up!" I yelled in frustration.

        Couldn't my killer at least be kind enough to end my life and not postpone the inevitable?  No, I don't want to die.  Quite the opposite to be exact, I want to graduate at the top of my class, go to college, find true love, have kids, and die while helping someone.  I heard a deep chuckle and sighed to myself.  I removed my arm from my eyes and glanced up.

        A man in a dark was standing in front of the window.  He has dark brown curly hair, and I could see the muscles of his back.  I can tell that he's awfully pale.  He makes me seem tan.  I can just imagine how handsome his face looks.  Snap.  Out.  Of.  It.  I told myself sternly.  I sighed again and leaned forward.  "So, are we going to get this done or what?" the man turned around and looked at me.  I almost gasped in amazement.  He had chisel features in his white face and his, his eyes were burnt orange color.  He gave me look as if I was the crazy one.  I sighed again and reached for the remote turning off the music.  I moved my legs so they were under me and looked back up at his handsome face. 

        "Are you going to kill me or not?" I said plainly. 

        "How can you be so nonchalant about this?" the man inquired.  His voice was music to my ears.  I couldn't help myself to imagine myself in his arms.

        I stretched a little, "I'm just tired of games.  If you care, I doubt you do, it's my birthday today.  I went on a date with some guy at school and it was pretty good until he told me some freaking legend."  I glanced up at the man.  "He actually sounded like he believed in werewolves and vampires," the man in front of me turned away from my gaze.  "Ridiculous, and then I come home to an empty house," I glared at him, "well mostly empty anyways, and find out that my parent want me to stay up till they come home just so we can 'talk'.  The whole talk will more than likely be about how I'm not living up to expectations.  So, that's the answer to your question even though I suppose I could have given you the short version but since you're about to take my life, I think you can spare the time," I said and gave a dry laugh.  Wow, I must sound like a lunatic.