Serena opened her eyes as she lowered her top to settle on her knee. By Poe's small winces with every sip, she knew her tea was far too hot to enjoy, so she'd rather wait to enjoy it rather than suffer through it. 

As she waited, she gave Leia all of her attention. The woman stood before them in her General attire: a pair of light brown khaki pants, a button up shirt tucked into them with a similarly brown jacket buttoned over it. 

"Thank you all for coming today, I'll try to make this brief as we have quite a couple missions scheduled for today," Leia clasped her hands in front of her as she looked directly at Serena. 

Serena thought it was happenstance, that the General's eyes just fell on her coincidentally as she started to scan the room, but then they stayed on her. 

"Serena," Leia's voice called out to her. 

Her back stiffened as she felt like she was being reprimanded in front of the entire Resistance. But then, Leia's lips rose into a beautiful smile that calmed any of Serena's worries. 

"The intel you gave us two weeks ago about the First Order's Recruitment schedule paid off, one of our very own squadrons was able to intercept their mission and derail the Recruitment vessel from its course towards the Bespin System. Because of you, an entire system's worth of children were able to stay with their families... where they belong."

Serena sat up straight in her chair at the terrific news. "Oh..." For the first time she felt all eyes on her, but not because of a slur she said or a threat she made, but because of something she accomplished. "That's..." Her brain was still processing the successful mission, and with her mind reeling her words seemed to fail her. "Good." 

Leia's smile widened until it reached her eyes. The beauty extended well beyond her years to show the entire Resistance who she once was, and who she still is. "It is good," Leia agreed with her. "Alongside that, your plan to install a tracking device on the Recruitment vessel was executed perfectly. We can now track each of their locations and intercept before they have the opportunity to steal any younglings away from their homes."

Serena's hand on her tea threatened to slip as she became too focused on Leia and her speech. 

"Good," That single word came out again, but Serena couldn't think of another word if her life depended on it. 

Poe gave a chuckle at her startled form. His laugh transitioned Leia forward so that Serena could have time to repair herself. 

As Leia moved on to talk about trade deals across the galaxy, Poe nudged Serena lightly with his shoulder. 

Serena kept the same awestruck look on her face as she slowly turned to look at him. The look added a faint shade of pink to her cheeks, and her overly rosy lips parted just enough for him to see the tips of her two front teeth. 

As Serena looked up at Poe, she caught the breathtaking smile that pulled back on his plump lips. Two long vertical dimples pressed into his cheeks that gave him a youthful, charming look. Serena had never seen such a smile on him before, and it made her already spinning head even more dizzy. 

"How's it feel?" He whispered as to not interrupt Leia. "And don't say good," he added as she opened her mouth. 

She closed it and gave a quiet laugh at how well he knew her already. "Unreal." She decided instead. Poe's thick eyebrow rose at the unexpected word choice. "I think... I don't know-" Her brows knitted together as her eyes lowered to Poe's chin in contemplation. "I feel like I can do something- like I can actually make a difference in all of this." 

Poe nodded enthusiastically. "Remember that feeling," He told her lightly. "Hold on to it, it will get you through some pretty dark times."

Her eyes lifted to his to see the true meaning in his eyes. "I will." She promised him.