Remembering Home

The rest of the Losers climbed out the clubhouse as I sat staring at the ground. My chest hurt and the tears just kinda fell. Stan has never wanted this and he wouldn't want what us to hurt ourselves trying to save him. He was already gone anyways. I pulled my knees against my chest as I started to dig a hole with the toe of my shoe.
"Beatrice, are you okay?" Ben asked sitting down next to me as he placed his hand in my shoulder.
"Yeah I'm fine, just a little upset." I said looking up from my hole in the ground.
"Okay, Mike, so where do we find our tokens?" Eddie asked grabbing my attention. I hadn't really thought of that.
"Yeah, I gotta be honest, man. All due respect. This is fucking stupid, all right? Why do we need tokens? We already remember everything." Richie said making me remember one major moment about our summer.
"Not everything, Rich, not even close." I mumbled looking over at Bill.
"What do you mean?" Richie asked looking at
"We fought it twice." I spoke up watching Bill's face change.
"Exactly, what you need to remember is what happened after that. Before the house on Neibolt. Think." Mike said making me look around. I didn't remember jack squat.
"W-we c-can't remember c-can we?" Bill stuttered and for once he was right.
"See, there's more to our story. What happened that summer. And those blank spaces, like pages form out of a book. That's what you need to find. We need to split. You each need to find your artifact. Alone. That's important. When you do, meet me at the library tonight." Mike retorted.
"Yeah, I gotta say, statistically speaking, you look at survival scenarios, we're gonna do much better as a group." Eddie explained using hand gestures.
"Yeah, splitting up would be dumb man. Okay, we gotta go together. All right? We were together that summer, right." Richie sided with he Eds.
"No. Not that wh-ww-whole ss-s-summer." Bill spoke up reminding me of the awful words that had been said.

"Richie..." Stan went to calm him down but was cut off by Richie.
"I'm just saying. Let's face facts. Real world. Georgie is dead! Stop trying to get us killed too." Richie said. We all knew and we were all thinking it but, none of us were going to say it.
"Georgie isn't dead." Bill said clearly hurt.
"Richie stop it." I said anger covering my voice.
"You couldn't save him but, you can save yourself." Richie said stepping closer to Bill.
"T-tt-tt-t-t-take it back. I know you're scared w-ww-we all are, but take it back." Bill said stepping closer to Richie.
"Both if you stop it." I said trying to disperse the argument.
"C-c-cc-can it B-b-Beatrice." Bill said looking over at me, "st-st-stay w-ww-where you belong."
"Don't talk to her like that." Richie said standing up for me. Bill shoved Richie in anger so, Richie pushed him back. This caused Bill to punch Richie right in the face. Rich stumbled backwards and it took Stan, Mike, and Me to hold him back. They all looked over Bill before grabbing their bikes and petaling away.
"Bill it's time we faced facts, we can't do this." I said grabbing my bike and riding away.

I sat there staring at the house that had caused me so, much pain. The house that raised me and the house that might just end me. I put my head down on the steering wheel and let out a long sigh. I wasn't ready to go in that house again, no where close. The house gave me the feeling that I was being watched. This was still my house, the house was given to me since it was in the Bowers name. I hadn't been able to part with it and I knew I couldn't go inside. I decided that there was nothing to be afraid of. My eyes couldn't leave the window that had once been my bedroom. My body seemed to move faster than my mind and before I knew it I was standing in the living staring at the red stain in the floor. That red stain had been the symbol of the end of my childhood. The stain had been from when Henry killed my dad. I bent down and ran my hand across the floor, and for a second I could've sworn that the stain moved under my hand. The house was still the same as it had been, the only thing that was different was the fact that his chair was gone.

When I finally got home the driveway was empty and all the lights were off. I thanked the heavens for helping me escape Henry's wrath. I walked inside after turning the porch and kitchen lights on. I saw a note on the door of the fridge... Dad was coming home late tonight and he wasn't bringing back dinner so, I started cooking.
"Spaghetti it is." I mumbled to my cat, Ashes. When I had finished cooking and putting the food on plates Henry walked in and sat down in front of the tv.
"Did you cook something?" He asked as I put the food on the coffee table.
"No, your imagination got the best of you this time dip shit." I responded adding extra sass onto it.
"Whatever you little shit." He said. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the floor. I grabbed the remote and put on Jeopardy. Once I finished I left Henry to do whatever and let ashes out.