"Practice. We needed to practice more for the second game, and I was excused from my subjects so we haven't seen each other in class. Every after practice, I went straight home and slept,"

"Damn, you guys have a lot of stuff to do,"

"Yeah, we do. Good thing we have some free time now,"

"Speaking of free time, me and the couple are going to the mall on Saturday. We would love it if you came with us," I gave her a lopsided smile.

She bit her lips, seemed like she was gonna say something she didn't want to. "I can't go,"

"Why? You're gonna go somewhere?"

She gave me a nod. "I... have a date."

Remember what I said awhile ago? How the world stopped turning? This time, it felt like it was my heart that stopped beating. It took me a minute before gathering what I just heard. "A- a date, huh? With who?"

"Olivia introduced me to this girl and she asked me out. We enjoyed our time and this time, I was the one who asked her,"

Another stab through my heart. Especially knowing that she was interested in somebody else and not me. But I couldn't blame her. She thought I was straight and had no chance. And now that she has, it was too late.

We went to the check out counter, Lucy telling me to get the book, but I told her that I can just search it online. The rain was still pouring hard and Lucy didn't have an umbrella with her. I removed my jacket off me and draped it around her.

"We don't want you to be sick on your date now, do we?" I helped her put the jacket on her, holding the book for her.

"What about you? I don't want you to get sick either,"

"I'll be fine. I'll run like the wind," I grinned.

She chuckled, making her dimples in display. "Thank you, Amber." I smiled. "See you next week then?"

"You better."

As she left the library, I ran to my car, all drenched up. I took a long hot bath as I got home, taking my time in the shower, thinking about our interaction today. It all went from happy cause I saw her, too sad cause she has a date. I wondered if she felt the same way that time when she found out I had a date. It did suck.

The girls were in my room as I got out of the bathroom, a bit shocked that they were here. Mom must've let them in. I plopped down beside them and snuggled my face on the pillows.

"Bad day?" Lexi asked, slapping my butt.

"You could say that,"

"What happened?"

"I saw Lucy," I announced.

"Seriously?! Tell me what happened,"

I told her everything. How we saw each other, asking her to come with us on Saturday, her telling me that she has a date, and how I was soaked in the rain. I left the part where I hugged her and how much impact it had on me when I found out about her date.

"A date?! She didn't tell me about that," Kayla interjected in our conversation.

"There must be a reason why," Her girlfriend said.

"Why do you look sad instead of happy that you saw her?" Kayla questioned. I shrugged weakly.

"Cause our baby Amber here, has a crush on her," I groaned, turning on my back with a pillow on my face.

"No freaking way!" Kayla screamed, removing the pillow. "Is this for real?!"

"I don't know-"

"Yes, you do have a crush on her, idiot!" Lexi joined Kayla in jumping on the bed.

"I knew you were gay!"

"Kayla What if I'm bisexual?" I said, MY cheeks red in embarrassment.

"I've never seen you like any guy, so I doubt it,"

"What about Ian?" I thought about my ex boyfriend.

"He's gay, Amber. He's not included. Also, how did you even like him?"

"I was young, okay? I thought at 14, I should have my first kiss and boyfriend already," looking back, Ian was the first and last guy I've ever liked.

Am I really gay?

"Did you get that kiss though?"

"Is smack counted as a first kiss?"

"Fuck no!" Lexi said. "Smack is barely a kiss. You won't even feel their lips,"

She had a point though.

"That means, Lucy will be your first kiss!"

I sighed. "Lex, she's going on a date. I'm sure she likes that person,"

"What if she still likes you?"

"What if she doesn't?"