Tzuyu gently unlaced Sana's shoe and took her sock off.

"Hey we don't need to smell your feet at the table," Mina complained, wrinkling her nose as Tzuyu straightened Sana's leg out, holding her foot in her lap.

"Just watch," Sana commanded, smiling as she scrunched her face up in concentration.

Everyone stared in puzzlement, and Mina took a sip of her drink as she waited for Sana to say or do something.

"What are we- OH MY GOD!" Wonwoo yelled, drawing the attention of everyone in the restaurant as he pointed at Sana's foot. Mina choked on her drink, shooting out of her seat to give Sana a big hug.

"This is fantastic!" Mina laughed, kissing Sana on the cheek, "you have to tell mom!"

"Way to go Sana," Chaeyoung congratulated her, raising her glass to her as she flashed her dimples.

---

By the end of the next month, the leaves had started to fall, painting the city a thousand shades of orange and red as leaves blew down the street and collected in puddles in the road.

Sana could stand.

Not without support, but it was standing all the same. They were at her physical therapy session and Sana was grasping the bars of the railing either side of her as she used her upper body strength to keep herself from crumpling to the floor. Tzuyu stood in front of her, her arms outstretched, ready to help Sana back into her wheelchair when she got tired.

She had made a lot of progress over the past seven weeks. It was like her paralysis had been slowly creeping away without her realising, and bolted at the last minute. All of a sudden Sana could feel everything. She couldn't walk yet, her body still orienting itself around its newfound ability to move again.

"You're doing great," Tzuyu murmured in support, watching as Sana let her legs take some more of her body weight. They shook slightly under the pressure, and Sana grimaced as she strained herself.

"Okay, that's good," Tzuyu said, helping Sana back into her wheelchair, "don't push yourself too hard though."

Sana sighed, "I know, I'm just getting impatient, it's been so long."

Tzuyu bent down, giving her a quick kiss, "and you're doing amazing, I'm so proud of you."

Sana smiled up at her, basking in her praise. Tzuyu's words were true though. Sana had been working hard to get back up on her own two feet, she'd made great progress, and she was glad she had Tzuyu to remind her not to push herself too far.

"How about we go to that new Thai restaurant you've been wanting to go to as a reward for all your hard work," Tzuyu said, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Sounds perfect," Sana smiled, taking one of Tzuyu's hands and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

---

It was Tzuyu's birthday again. This time it wasn't a secret, Sana had told Tzuyu she was planning a surprise for her, and she had to play along. Tzuyu agreed, somewhat reluctantly, but trusting Sana not to do something that Tzuyu wouldn't like.

The morning of her birthday, Sana woke her up with breakfast in bed. She'd snuck out of bed as quietly as she could, making sure not to make too much noise as she dragged herself into the wheelchair. Making breakfast had been difficult, but she'd managed it and wheeled herself into their bedroom with a proud look on her face. She'd tied a huge bunch of balloons to the handle of her chair, and carried a giant bouquet of plumerias in with the food.