"So I was thinking for your first proper meal we could get potstickers," Tzuyu suggested, walking over to Sana.

"I love you," Sana replied, reaching her hands up to pull Tzuyu's face down to her level so she could kiss her.

Over the past two months, Tzuyu had taken the doctors advice and arranged for a speech therapist to come and visit Sana once a week. She gave Sana vocal exercises and warm ups to help her vocal chords adjust to Sana's newfound ability to talk again. Together, Tzuyu would help Sana practice, revelling in the sound of hearing Sana talk. She didn't think she'd ever get over hearing the sound of her voice.

Tzuyu pulled away from the kiss a moment later.

"I'll um, go and phone the Chinese restaurant and place out order," Tzuyu said, walking over to her bag to search for her phone. Sana sighed, Tzuyu was still hesitant to touch her, even now when she was fully healed. She knew it was because Tzuyu still blamed herself.

Listening to Tzuyu's voice in the kitchen, Sana wheeled herself over to the TV. It felt great to use her arms again after so long. If only she could feel her legs again too. For once Sana's optimism was actually advantageous, she hadn't given up hope yet. It had only been two months and she was only just starting her physical therapy. She was sure she'd be back on her feet in no time, and maybe that would help ease Tzuyu's guilt.

Tzuyu came over, carrying a hot chocolate piled high with marshmallows and a cup of coffee. Handing the hot chocolate to Sana, she sat down on the side of the sofa closest to Sana's wheelchair.

"Did you want me to get anything?" Tzuyu asked, watching Sana as she sipped her hot chocolate. Sana shook her head, smiling at Tzuyu with melted marshmallow foam above her top lip. Tzuyu snorted, reaching out to wipe it away for her.

"You're such a dork," she sighed, as Sana laughed. It was like music to Tzuyu's ears; better than music.

"I'm fine, really, you don't have to worry Tzuyu," Sana rasped, clearing her throat as she spoke. She was still a little rusty, but at least she could talk in distinct sentences now. Tzuyu smiled at the sound of her name on Sana's lips.

They sat there in silence, watching the TV as they sipped their drinks. Tzuyu ran a fingertip around the rim of her mug, looking at Sana as she contemplated asking her question. She didn't want to upset Sana, but she just wanted to help. Clearing her throat slightly, Tzuyu opened her mouth.

"So, I was thinking about what your doctor said when you first woke up, about you seeing a therapist," Tzuyu began, as Sana turned to look at her, a curious look on her face.

"I think it might be a good idea to, you know, talk about what happened," Tzuyu continued. She waited for Sana to reply, hoping that she would agree. Tzuyu knew she was stubborn and that was an asset in business, but she didn't want to force Sana to do something she didn't want to do.

"But I can talk to you about it," Sana said, a small crease forming between her eyebrows. What was the point in talking to a stranger about her feelings when her girlfriend was right here?

"Well yes, but maybe you should talk to a professional, someone who can help you work through what you're feeling," Tzuyu said slowly, trying to get her point across more clearly.

"It just, I don't know, seems stupid," Sana laughed, "I'm fine Tzuyu, I don't need to talk about anything." She reached out and took Tzuyu's hand in her own, squeezing it slightly. Staring at Tzuyu's face, she took in the tired eyes full of concern, ringed by dark purple bags.

"Maybe-" Sana hesitated, "maybe you should see one."

Tzuyu stiffened. After everything she'd been through in her life, she'd never visited a therapist. She was always too proud to admit she needed help, even if she had needed it desperately. Whilst she may have softened under Sana's touch, she still had her walls up with everyone outside of the vicinity of Sana's family and friends. Tzuyu was exhausted, she knew that, but she couldn't talk to someone about that. She kept it locked inside, only opening that door when she was so tired that she passed out and let the nightmares out.

She was saved from rejecting Sana's idea by a knock on the door. Getting up to find money, Tzuyu opened the door to the delivery guy and took the food, thanking him as she shut it again. Bringing the food over to the sofa, Tzuyu put a container in Sana's lap, smiling at the look of excitement on Sana's face.

"Thank you!" Sana sang, digging into the potstickers instantly. Tzuyu laughed, opening her own container with a lot less enthusiasm.

---

Tzuyu lifted Sana out of her wheelchair, trying to be as gentle as she could as she half lift and half dragged Sana into bed. She peeled off her clothes, before redressing Sana in her pyjamas and covering her with the blankets. She quickly undressed herself before padding to the kitchen. She returned a few moments later, carrying Sana's pain medication and a glass of water.

"Here," Tzuyu said, handing them to Sana and watching her swallow them. She crawled into bed next to her, and picked up the latest book she was reading.

"Therapy isn't a bad thing you know," Sana said, turning her head to look at Tzuyu. Sighing, Tzuyu put her book down on her stomach, keeping track of the page number. She looked at Sana.

"I used to think it meant I was weak," Tzuyu quietly admitted, "I know now that it doesn't, but that doesn't mean I need therapy."

"Well why won't you kiss me then?" Sana argued. Tzuyu rolled her eyes, reaching for Sana so she could place a quick kiss to her lips.

"That's not what I meant," Sana sighed, sounding exasperated. "You barely touch me, except to make sure that I'm okay. I'm not breakable Tzuyu, I might have been hurt but it wasn't your fault and I'm not going to break under your touch. It's been two months and you've barely even touched me."

Tzuyu lay there in silence, staring up at the ceiling as tears filled her eyes. It was true, every word that Sana said. Tzuyu had been so worried about hurting her while her bones knit themselves back together, and yes she blamed herself, but Sana was right. Her bones were fixed, she wasn't a china doll, she was fine.

"Just kiss me," Sana begged, staring at Tzuyu with longing on her face, "kiss me properly, like real people kiss."

Tzuyu sat up, turning to face Sana. She moved so that she was hovering above Sana, careful not to put any of her weight on her. Her dark hair fell in a curtain around them as she stared into Sana's brown eyes. Tzuyu's breathing grew faster as she cupped Sana's cheek, closing her eyes as she leant down and pressed their lips together.

Sana ran her tongue across Tzuyu's bottom lip, and Tzuyu let her deepen the kiss. She relaxed into it as Sana's tongue explored her mouth, realising how much she had missed the feeling of Sana's lips crushed to hers in a passionate kiss.

Tzuyu broke off the kiss, and left a trail of kisses along Sana's jaw and down her neck. Her hand pulled down the neck of Sana's top, revealing the scarred skin of her shoulder. Tzuyu placed a soft kiss on the scar. Her hands drifted down to the bottom of Sana's shirt, pulling it up in one swift movement. Sana's pants quickly followed.

Carefully, Tzuyu placed a kiss to every single scar on Sana's body. Her fingers shook as she traced them all, staring at the old, white ones and the shiny new pink ones criss-crossing her body. Each one of the old ones was a mark of Sana's past, and each new one was a reminder of Sana's sacrifice, and Tzuyu swore that she would kiss them all every day for the rest of her life.

Pulling herself back up on top of Sana, she recaptured her lips. They kissed deeply, revelling in the sensation of the other's warm lips pressed against their own, and their tongues fighting for dominance.

Tzuyu pulled back, breathing heavily. She smiled down at Sana, who was breathing just as heavily. Shifting further down the bed, Tzuyu rested her head on Sana's chest, smiling as she felt Sana's arms encircle her. The familiar comfort of Sana's embrace took away the last of Tzuyu's worry as she lay there listening to Sana's heart beat slow down. She hadn't felt this safe in a long time.

"I've missed you," Sana whispered, kissing the top of Tzuyu's head.

"I love you," Tzuyu whispered back.

For the first night in two months, she slept soundly, safe in Sana's arms.