She turned to smile at Tzuyu, who had turned to talk to Wonwoo. Tzuyu still hadn't said she loved Sana, but it was obvious in the way she had her hand around Sana's waist even though she was turned away from Sana, or the way she always walked Sana home, or the way she woke Sana up with breakfast and a cup of coffee every morning after they stayed at each other's place.

There were a thousand ways to say I love you without using saying the words, and they all meant just as much to Sana, and maybe they even showed Tzuyu's love better than those words ever could.

Sana gave Tzuyu's knee a squeeze as she stood up.

'Does anyone want a drink?' Sana signed as she made her way to the kitchen.

Everyone assured Sana they were fine, before she walked out of the room. The kitchen counters were covered with dozens of bowls, pots and pans. Sara was busy finishing off a chocolate pecan pie. Sana's face lit up, it was her favourite dessert, and the best part about Thanksgiving in her opinion.

"Hey sweetie, can you turn the potatoes off for me please," Sara said, looking up as Sana walked in. She nodded, lifting the big pot off the stove and dumping the potatoes in the strainer. Sana took the pot over to Sara, and started mashing the potatoes as her mom set aside the pie and started peeling carrots.

"So, Tzuyu seems nice," Sara whispered, lowering her voice so the others couldn't hear. Sana smiled at Sara, nodding in agreement, "she's very pretty too," she continued, smiling at Sana as she looked at her out of the corner of her eye. Sana nodded again, her cheeks turning slightly pink.

'She is, she's smart too, and so kind' Sana replied.

"And you love her?" Sara asked, turning to face Sana. She felt her cheeks turn redder as she stared at the pot of potatoes she was mashing, nodding shyly. Sara brushed the hair out of Sana's face, kissing her on the cheek.

"Then I hope she loves you too, and makes you happy," Sara smiled, as Sana looked up at her.

'She makes me happier than she knows' Sana signed, smiling at her mom.

Sara wrapped her in a hug. She was happy that both of her daughters were happy. Sometimes she worried about being so far away from them, she felt like she missed out on so much.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," Tzuyu's voice came from the doorway, she was wringing her hands nervously, "I came to see if you needed any help preparing the rest of the dinner."

Sara and Sana broke apart, smiling over at Tzuyu.

"Oh no sweetheart, it's fine, I'm almost finished here. Why don't you help yourself to a drink and take Sana back in with you," Sara told Tzuyu, smiling at her. She turned to Sana, "go on, I'll be in when I'm done."

Sana poured them both a glass of wine before taking Tzuyu's hand and leading her back into the living room.

---

They all sat around the table, holding hands as they went around and said what they were thankful for. Really what they were all thankful for was each other.

Sana was thankful for her adoptive family, her friends, and most of all, she was thankful for Tzuyu this year.

Tzuyu was thankful for Sana, above anything else, but she was also thankful towards the Minatozakis for making her feel welcome. Sara had shown her what it was like to feel a mother's love and she was more grateful than she could explain.

And Sara was thankful for both of her daughters, and for their girlfriends. Seeing them both so happy and in love made her think about her and Haruto when they were younger. She'd seen Mina and Chaeyoung together dozens of times since they'd started dating, so she was used to seeing them laugh together and finish each other's thoughts.