user this is so beautiful i'm gonna cry wtf
user his VOICE
user i didnt even know elliott could sing 😟

"That's because I stopped posting my music to focus on my acting career. But thank you!", he grinned. "So be gooood, c'est la viiiee, fair thee weeell, move ooon. Mon amiii (mon ami), you be truuueee (you be true) and I'll tryyy and be strooong. Cause you won't looove the waaay you shooouuld. Sometimes love can maaake it good. If you're list-e-niiing, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh You broke loooove, la, la, la, love, la, love, la, love. You broke looove, la, la, la, love, la, love, la, love. Whoop dee dooo, c'est la viiiee. Say goodbyyye, saaay I'm freeee. Say so looong, staaay with hiiim." He found himself wiping away a tear. He didn't usually get this emotional. He hated it. "May the good Lord keep ya, I hope you get some heeelp. Go to heeeell. Nothin's left insiiide this sheeell. Cause I've lived this long, and nothin's wrong when livin eeeends, nooo. You Broke Looove, la, la, la, love, la, love, la, love. You broke Loooove, la, la, la, love, la, la, la, love, la, love. But you broke loooove, la, la, la, love, la, la, la, loooove, loooove, loooove. You broke loooove, ooooh looove, la, la, love."

Just as Elliot finished the song, a voice rang out behind him. "We give it a ten!", Victoria called cheerfully, clapping alongside Celeste and Stephanie.

"Oh my God, why does everyone just walk into my place without permission?", Elliott groaned. "How did you guys get in here?"

"I have a key", Victoria grinned, holding up a lone, silver key on a key ring.

"Where is everyone getting these keys? I've gotta confiscate them", Elliot sighed, turning back to his stream. "Never give your little sister a key to your apartment, guys. They'll invade your privacy. But it's been so real. I loved talking to you guys today. I'll see you tomorrow before my flight."

He ended the live and turned to face them. "What are you guys doing here?", he asked, raising a brow.

"Why, were you expecting someone else?", Celeste asked in amusement. "A certain curly haired actor, perhaps?"

"Well, he is typically the only one who waltzes in here unannounced", Elliott pointed out. "You couldn't blame me if I did."

"Yes, we can", Stephanie snorted. "But we actually just came here to help you pack. You always put it off till the last minute and forget something."

"Exactly that", Celeste nodded. "Plus, Sofia is off filming for that Netflix thing she's in. So, I'm bored and I had nothing better to do anyway."

"You know, you should really consider moving", Mara stated as she entered the apartment after the other three girls. "You know, literally anyone can walk in here?"

"Yeah, I'm beginning to figure that out", Elliot said flatly. "Thanks for the tip, M."

"In all seriousness though, I do think it would be a good idea for you to move soon. If we can get in, Percy can too", Mars pointed.

Elliot frowned. He hadn't even thought of that. Not that it mattered much if Percy did come in uninvited. He was pretty sure he could take him. But... what if he couldn't? "I'll consider it", he finally said. "But after Steph and I get back." The cast of A Winter In July was heading off to Zermatt for filming. Elliott had never been to Switzerland before, so he was excited. Besides, he needed to get out of the states for a little while.

"You'd better", Victoria said as her brother pulled her into a tight embrace. They hadn't seen each other in a while. He had missed his sister. She had missed him too. They were everything to each other. Elliott never really knew how he went such long periods of time away from his sister. Hugging her felt like coming home after being off at war. It was the most relaxed he'd been in weeks. He embraced her so tightly that her feet lifted off the ground. "Thank you for letting me too. Even if I'm not technically part of the movie."

"I couldn't imagine dragging anyone else with me", Elliot grinned.

"I can't believe everyone is going except me. Even Anakin!", Celeste pouted. Truthfully, it had been her choice not to go. She wanted to stay close to Sofia, in case her wife needed her. She was paranoid like that.

"Anakin is part of the cast", Stephanie pointed out.

"And I just make good arm candy", Mara smirked, placing her sunglasses on. "Plus, Steph is bringing Thomas. Victoria is gonna need an extra hand looking after Elliott." Stephanie had been dating Thomas Brodie-Sangster for a few years now. Unbeknownst to her, Elliott was helping to plan quite the proposal for her. But that's a story for another time.

"WOW", Elliot exclaimed in the background. "I don't need a babysitter."

"Yes, you do", all four women chimed in sync. They spent the rest of the day talking and laughing while helping Elliott pack. Stephanie slept over so that they could head to the airport together. It was... nice. So nice. For the first time in forever; Elliot genuinely felt like he might be okay.

OCTOBER 21, 2023
POPPY SPEAKS !
i love this fic, but i also think i'm ready to be done with it. not just because my writing has grown, but mostly because i just don't like how some of the older chapters turned out.