Chapter 9: Angel's Wrath

Start from the beginning

"It's just a dream remember, you wanted to be like this. Innocent, vulnerable, and not understanding why chaos in the would turn into darkness and why its there," Elijah answered, I looked to the ground.

"Zera, are you feeling better?" Mother asked and I nodded, my eyes glued to the ground.

Elijah faded and I panicked as Mother began to fade as well. "Mother?" I yelled, she merely smiled.

"It's alright, you have to wake up now Zera, its alright." She was gone and everything faded.

I heard muffled voices, my eyelids were heavy, and I could barely move a finger. When I tried to speak, I couldn't make a sound, were my lips even moving? Everything was so hot... I opened my left eye halfway and the voices became clearer/

"Zera! Oh thank god, she's waking up!" I heard Hunter yell.

"She is a Blackwell, they recover from anything." I heard Elijah this time.

"So it seems." This time, Vincent spoke with an irritated tone.

I managed to move my hand to my throat, it was so...dry, my voice croaked and I felt a hand on my forehead. I looked with my half open eye, it was Elijah, "She's running a fever, Vincent go get water and blankets," He ordered.

"This is really bad for a fever," Hunter said, and Elijah looked at him.

"It's not a normal fever, maybe...," He looked at me, "It's an old sickness. It will go away with solitary confinement." I wanted to order him to separate me from Hunter, but nothing came out of my mouth.

"So will I leave?" Hunter asked Elijah and Vincent nodded.

Elijah leaned in so I could whisper, I moved my lips, but no sound came out. What kind of a fever is this? I just hit my head and he stood upright. "He wanted to have an afternoon alone with you, but it's a shame because of this strong illness, finally pushing her limits.

Hunter didn't' seem to believe him, but he then left. I let out a sigh and Elijah glared at me. "What?" I managed to croak out, but it came as a whisper.

"Because you were so desperate to find me, this happened! The thing that made it worse was when the angel killed Andrew Whittaker! You need time to heal." He snapped and I growled.

"Do you even think? You abandoned me! Left me with that bastard John! You made a contract with me, your own daughter, you'll eat my soul!" I shouted, he looked away.

"Im not going to devour it, only what's human," He said softly, "Please Zera, just-"

I scoffed, "What good would that do? I'll be half dead!"

"No, you'll be a full demon." He answered, he looked at me with determined lavender eyes.

I snarled, "You think I'm weak?" It sounded more of a statement than a question, but I was angered. Just another bloody demon. I noticed my voice was getting audible, but still broken.

"It'll keep you alive! You won't be a target!" He yelled and slammed his fists on my bed and I sat up weakly.

"Elijah. This is an order. Get out of my sight, don't take one step inside this manor ever again," I yelled, though my voice cracked, I did my best to stay on a serious tone. I realized I was pulling him by his tie.

He had a shocked expression, and I pushed him back. "Y-yes...my...my lady...," He said in a whisper I could barely hear, he kissed my forehead and left.

My neck pulsed and I looked at the mirror, undoing my choker, it was my contract symbol. It glowed brilliantly and I covered it back up. "Bastard," I said and walked out, leaving on the walls for support.

"Hello my pet, are you ill?" I heard the angel's voice, my eyes widened.

"G-get away from me," I said going from wall to wall, unable to stay in one line.

"You are a very bad girl...," Her voice faded, and I tried, I struggled to stand. "I'll be glad to fix that my dear." I walked, leaning on the walls I almost reached the stairs.

"Shut up." I said.

"Don't speak to me that way!" She barked and appeared behind me, I panicked facing her. I reached for my dagger, but my movements were too fast, I fell back.

I felt stabs of pain all over as everything moved at a rapid pace. "Zera!" I heard Hunter call, once everything was still, I felt tired. I looked at the stairs, but no angel stood there at the top. All that was there, was bloodspattered along the white marble steps of the manor. "Zera hold on," Hunter said as I felt someone pick me up.

"Tired..." I whispered, but I saw Hunter's sad eyes.

"You must stay awake, you'll start healing soon," I heard Vincent on the otherside of me.

Hunter looked confused, "Not without medical attention Vincent! She's human!"

"Remember, she's half demon," He interrupted, and Hunter looked at me.

"Forgive...me...," I whispered and he had a worried look in his eyes.

Everything grew cold, and slowly faded to black.