"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too." Without a second thought I threw my mug onto the counter and slid off my stool. I reached around him, tucking his neck into my arms as I kissed his cheek and snuggled into him.

He chuckled and placed his hand at the small of my back, playfully pinching the fabric as he glanced down at me. As he did I moved my face, pressing my forehead against his. "So, uh..." His smile widened, his face gradually becoming more pink as he pushed a couple of stray hairs behind my ear.

"So..." I repeated curiously.

"We should, um," he cleared his throat nervously, "probably talk about last night, huh?"

"I don't know," I smirked, "I think you made things pretty clear when you publicly seduced me."

"I wouldn't say it was public," he scoffed.

"Literally anyone could've walked in on us," I argued jokingly.

He rolled his eyes and playfully pushed my face away, shaking his head at my ability to ruin the moment. "You're terrible at taking things seriously," he pointed out.

I wiggled my brows, turning my body to reach for my mug. As I took a sip I kept my other hand at the base of his neck, playing with a couple pieces of hair. "It's not that I don't take things seriously, it's that I make things difficult," I pointed out.

He scoffed again.

"Seriously though," I laughed, "I agree. We should definitely talk about what happened."

"Okay." He nodded.

I pulled myself from his grasp and sat back down. As I did I let out a heavy sigh, feeling suddenly nervous.

"I think that we should get back together," he stated.

I pressed my lips together tightly, the warm familiar feeling of blush filling my cheeks as I watched him squirm anxiously in his seat. Part of me was tempted to make another joke, but I held back, figuring now definitely wasn't the time. So, instead I nodded my head. "I'd like that."

"Really?" For some odd reason he seemed surprised.

I raised my brow. "Yeah... did you not think I was going to say yes?"

"I mean, yes... or no." He narrowed his eyes, his gaze moving to the table in confusion. He sat there for a minute, using the time to process his words before looking back up and shrugging. "I wasn't sure."

I snorted and reached out to grab his hand, giving it a tight squeeze. As I did his phone rang from the inside of his pocket. Instantly he sighed, closing his eyes in frustration as he stood from his seat to pull it out. For a second he stared down at the screen, blinking a couple of times before looking back over at me sadly. "Go ahead, it might be important."

"Sorry," he mumbled. After that he brought the phone to his ear. "Hey Hotch, what's up?"

As the two exchanged words I zoned out again, staring at various things around the kitchen, while Reid casually played with my fingers. I smiled to myself as he did it, feeling the pads of his digits tap playfully against my hand in a series of patterns. When the conversation was done he hung up with a sigh, pushing my hand upwards so that just my wrist was resting on the counter. He moved his fingers through mine, locking our hands together as he smiled in my direction.

"So?" I raised my brow curiously.

"I'm being forced to stay off the field for a bit," he sighed. "Strauss's orders."

I rolled my eyes. Even at the mention of Strauss's name I could feel my blood boil.

"Calm down," he chuckled. He used his other hand to give my shoulder a rough rub, pulling me out of my suddenly angered thoughts. "It's only for a week or two while I heal up."