A few more harsh movements and the devil's eyes fall shut as ecstasy rolls through his body in waves, his cum coating his stomach. Lucifer's eyes open slowly a short while later, panting and sated, yet still feeling empty. He pulls the dildo out of his ass, turning it off and laying it beside him on the bed.

Lucifer sighs softly once he finishes cleaning up his cum, the day's events coming back to the front of his mind. They'd found it was only four houses that had been murder scenes, and only fourteen people who had been killed, along with a dog and a couple cats that two of the families had as pets.

They'd managed to decode the message Nyx had left by positioning the bodies, four words that made the devil's heart ache:

I'm not going back.

Of course, only Pierce knows exactly what that means, his eyes having met the devil's when the message was realized.

Lucifer rolls onto his side, slipping under the covers and curling up. A soft sigh passes his lips as his eyes fall closed.

It's only been one day and he misses the draxon, a lot. There's been no sign of him returning any time soon, yet as much as Lucifer misses his lover, he's still angry with him. The devil hates being lied to, hates being left in the dark, especially if it's something like killing humans which is something said devil also hates.

"Luci?" a soft voice asks.

Lucifer's dark eyes snap open, meeting his lover's black ones. "Nyxeus."

Nyx gives him a small smile, sitting on the edge of the bed.

Lucifer studies him, his happiness melting away as he realizes, "You're not really here, are you."

Nyx shakes his head sadly, "You're dreaming. But I am here, visiting you."

"You're not going to stay?"

Nyx shakes his head again, looking away. "You're right, Luci. I'm not ready for life on Earth. Not like this."

"Nyxeus," Lucifer whispers, reaching for his lover's hand, intertwining his fingers with Nyx's.

"After everything, all of this, I can't remember who I am," Nyx whispers. "But you, Luci— I know exactly who you are and what you mean to me."

"Nyxeus," Lucifer says again. "What are you saying?"

Nyx's dark eyes meet the devil's for a second before looking away again. "It's about time we stopped ignoring the fact that I'm not OK, Luci. I'm not safe for anyone to be around. I don't know what could make me snap."

Lucifer's eyes widen as the draxon's voice turns teary, "I killed those people, Luci. I killed them, and I didn't even think twice about it. I... I was just so angry and scared and... I don't know, but they were innocent, Luci, just like all those other people, and I killed them."

Nyx turns his face away from his lover, not wanting to show he's crying. Lucifer watches his lover for a minute before deciding Nyx is punishing himself enough without the devil adding to his guilt. Not quite satisfied though, Lucifer turns Nyx's head towards him and, without holding back, slaps him, getting a wide-eyed look in return.

"That's for hiding everything from me," Lucifer says, his cold expression remaining in place for a moment before melting away.

The devil pulls the draxon to lie next to him, his arms cradling his lover. Nyx sniffles a few times, Lucifer's fingers combing through his hair helping to calm him.

"I'm sorry, Lucifer," Nyx whispers, "I'm so sorry."

"I know," Lucifer murmurs, knowing how much Nyx means it from the way he said the devil's full name rather than his nickname.

The two lie in silence for a long while, the occasional sniffle or hiccup from the draxon the only sound heard.

"Luci?" Nyx asks eventually.

"Yes, Love?"

"I'm not coming back. Not for a while."

"Then... Tell me where you are and I'll come find you."

Nyx shakes his head, "I can't, Luci."

Lucifer's brows furrow, "Why not? I'm sure the Detective can manage on her own for a while."

"You distract me too much, Luci," Nyx whispers. "I... I'm going to get better, but I can't do that around you. Not when you take all my focus the way you do."

"Nyx, please," Lucifer says softly, not wanting to be away from his lover.

"I'm sorry, Luci," Nyx replies, his arms wrapping around the devil. "But I promise, I'm going to get better, for you. I love you, Luci, so much."

"I love you too, Nyx," Lucifer whispers, hugging his love tightly, "I love you too."