𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Start from the beginning

I crawled out from behind the tree, where I'd ended up, and walked out, slowly.

"Are you alright?" Kuai asked, as he glanced over to me.

"I'm fine," I nodded. I hadn't even noticed that Frost's blast from before caused the wound on my stomach to reopen. That would have to be dealt with later.

"What is this?!" Scorpion asked, visibly confused.

"I did not bring you here for treachery," Kuai explained. "Frost is strong, but lacks judgement. She does not see the wisdom of peace. Tabitha and I will deal with her,"

Scorpion hesitantly followed us back into the temple, where Sektor's head was being kept. It still made me a little sick to look at.

"You spoke of the Lin Kuei's lost honor," Scorpion said as we walked.

"For years, we thought you had unfairly blamed the Lin Kuei for the deaths of your family and clan. But, Sektor's memories revealed the truth," Kuai touched Sektor's eye, and the hologram appeared again.

Scorpion folded his arm as he watched Quan Chi and Sektor speak. His face contorted with anger. It was painful to watch. I couldn't even begin to imagine what he'd been thinking.

"Harumi... Satoshi..." Scorpion trailed off, as he looked down.

"Had I known of our clan's complicity in the Shirai Ryu's extinction, our history would be different,"

"I killed your brother because I thought he..."

It honestly tore my heart into pieces. I couldn't help but feel horrible for him, and what he had gone through. My eyes welled with tears.

"Quan Chi is responsible for Bi-Han's death," Kuai replied.

Scorpion shook his head. "Sektor was wrong. There is a debt to be paid. And Quan Chi will pay it,"

The two Grandmasters bowed to each other. Kuai turned to me. "Tabbi, if you would be so kind as to walk Master Hasashi out. I will deal with Frost,"

I nodded. This was going to be weird for me. I had never been alone with Scorpion before.
There was an awkward silence, the only sound being our feet against the ground.

Until I decided to break it.

"Master Hasashi, I wanted to apologize," I started.

"Please, call me Hanzo," Scorpion offered.

I nodded. "I'm sorry. For years I hated you. But, I really can't imagine what it must have been like, to lose everything. I'm truly sorry you had to go through something that awful,"

"Thank you, Tabitha. I am grateful our clans have made peace," I had never seen Scorpion smile before. Ever. It was weird to see.

"Of course," I smiled back at him. Eventually, the snow turned into regular ground, which meant we were just about as far away from the temple as you could get.

"I wish you well, Tabitha," he bowed, slightly which through me off guard.

"You don't have to be formal for me," I shifted awkwardly, my face turning a bit red. "I'm not a Grandmaster,"

"You and Sub-Zero do not run the Lin Kuei together?" Scorpion asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Oh, no. No. We-we don't," I shook my head. "I mean, I help. But no, I'm not in an official position or anything. Nothing that would warrant formality. Trust me, I don't deserve it,"

"Hmm," Scorpion shrugged. "I have a feeling that will not last forever. I know a strong warrior when I see one. Good luck,"

Before I could say anything else, Scorpion teleported away.