III

Note: I would like to apologize for the certain delay in this chapter. Online classes have begun and I struggled with my anxiety and shits. I wasn't in the right state of writing. Nawalan ako ng motivation but now, I'm trying again. In addition, I also need to learn how court proceedings are done. I am poor in knowledge with this things and I still need to learn how. As I've said, you can approach me in the DMs if I have written something wrong with the court proceedings. Thank you!

Insecurities, and the Law

III

"I would like to call my first witness to the scene, Your Honor," Isaac said while facing the judge in his seat.

It was only eight in the morning, and a week after I talked with Detective Kalas. Isang linggo na rin magmula nang lumabas ang subpoena na nakita ko pagkatapos ng mumunti namin ng investigator ng kaso. Isang linggo na ring hindi ko nakikita pa si Isaac dahil pareho kaming busy sa aming mga karera sa buhay.

Seeing him now doesn't make me relieved or even satisfied. It was actually making me nauseated not because he was dashingly handsome in his suit and his authoritative aura he was boozing but because my heart is thumping like crazy. I know how Isaac's mind works when it comes to trial hearings. To win or to not lose, that was his motto.

Wala kasing sinasanto itong si Isaac. I could vividly remember the time when we went to his parents' house, and we did stay there for a nice vacation. Pinapayagan naman ako nila mommy, and aside from that, I'm already too old to even take account of what they will say. Barely, I'm nearing twenty-five and this is already the right time to get married.

But then, those marriage intuitions shouldn't be filling my mind right now. They're just pesky little thoughts. Back to what I was saying, Isaac doesn't really care whether his enemy was his family or not. If he had a stand within a topic, he'll do anything about it. Sabi ko nga, noong nagbabakasyon kami sa parents niya ay hindi ko na lang maiwasan na mamangha dahil kahit simpleng bagay ay mayroong patutunguhan ang pinag-uusapan. Tito was talking about something and saying his views but Isaac would also tell something. Walang nagpapatalo kaya ang ending, tinatawanan na lang sila ni Tita.

May pagkatigas rin kasi ng ulo si Isaac. Hindi ko lang alam kung bakit ko napapasunod 'yan. Kaso, nag-aaway rin kami minsan dahil may gusto siya at may gusto rin ako. Both of us are too hard-headed but we could work it out.

Think so.

But seeing him again after a week of absence makes me feel suffocated. May alam na kasi ako. That's it.

Tay Carding beside me was fidgeting his fingers. Panay rin ang kuyakoy nito sa ilalim ng mesa, at hindi ko maiwasang hindi rin mapakali dahil kinakabahan siya. Ganito naman ako palagi. If my client isn't calm, I won't be calm, too. Siguro na-absorb ko 'yong bad energy na inilalabas.

I don't actually know what to do right now. Detective Kalas only informed me about the eyewitness and her background information but he didn't tell me about her connection with the case. Ang iniisip ko na lang siguro ay siya ang nag-iisang naroroon kasama ni Tay Carding, but it could be or may not.

Mali nga na sinabi sa akin ni Isaac kung sino ang hawak niyang alas laban sa kliyente ko. It's against the rules in court, and I don't know what could happen if anyone would ever find out.

Napatingin ulit ako kay Isaac na nakatayo't nakatingin sa mga papeles na nakalatag sa harapan niya. The police officers were shuffling and I am kind of curious what the first witness would look like. Expecting Chen Castillo was the case and I'm curious because I haven't check anything about her except for the facts that Detective Kalas gave me.