1

Everywhere you go, you hear something about mates. Even though school taught you everything you need to know about having mates or a mate. They talk about it on the news, there are movies and TV shows about mates. It's in newspapers and everywhere else. 

In school, you learn that you have a mate in second grade. Of course, at the time kids still believed in cooties. In fifth grade, you learn that the names on your arms will itch when you get close to your mates.

Of course, at that time some kids already knew that part of having a mate since some of the kids would meet there mates before that talk. In seventh grade, when you learn about sex and all that fun stuff, you learn that to finish the bond with your mates, that you have to have sex with them. 

Lastly in twelfth grade, you learn that people have a bunch of different mates. Some people have four mates and that someone out there might have more mates then that. It's said that only nice and special people are the ones that have more than four mates. 

Hi, I'm Skylar Nova Jones. I'm seventeen years old. I was adopted as a baby by James and Sarah Davis. They told me that they wanted me to keep the last name that I was found along with the name I was given. (Picture of Skylar in the media.)

I live in a house on the beach with the two of them. It's just the three of us. Sometimes there are other people with us, but that's only because we have a room that people can rent out. The house is in Hawaii so the weather is almost always nice and sunny. 

I love to spend my days in the sun or on the beach or in the ocean water that I surf. Sarah decided to homeschool me after I got bullied nonstop back at my old school, which was after seventh grade. Homeschool is amazing too since Sarah is an old teacher she knows everything that I need to know. 

All the skills that I need for when I move out of the house. Those are the ones that she teaches me more. She says and I quote 'you don't need math or those other subjects. Only basic skills.'

At the moment, I'm sitting in my blue and grey hammock outside of the house on our grass yard with a sketchbook in my lap, a pencil in my hand,  and a fluff blue pillow behind me. The sound of the waves hitting the shoreline and the waves crashing down on the water, filled my ears as I drew on the blank sheet of paper. 

The sliding door of the house opened and closed. I looked over to see Sarah walking over to me. "Hey, Sky. I just wanted to let you know that two men are renting out the guest room for a few days." Sarah said. 

"Thanks for letting me know," I said. "Oh, and they will be here in less than an hour," she said as I got up from my hammock. I walked into the house and put my sketchbook and pencil inside. "I'm going out to surf," I said as I took off the pair of shorts that I was wearing. 

I have a blue and green bikini on under the shorts. "Alright, keep an eye on the house because I'm going to wave you in after a while," she said. I smiled at her as I walked back outside. I closed the door behind me before grabbing my board that was sitting on the top of the picnic table. 

I slipped my flip flops off my feet before I walked to the water. I smiled and started to surf the waves. 

*Sam's View*

"Why in the world did we have to go on a plane?" Dean asked. "Because that's the only way that we can get here. We can't drive here." I said. "I still don't understand why we have to be here," Dean said. "Because there are people who need help here too," I said as we climbed into our rental car. 

Dean was in the driver seat while I was in the passenger seat. Dean then drove off to the place that we rented a room in. "That's it," I said while pointing at a house. Dean pulled into the driveway and parked the car. We grabbed our bags and walked to the door. I knocked. "I don't know how we are able to help people when everything that we need is back in my car," Dean said. 

The door opened to show a lady there. "Hi, you must be Sam and Dean Winchester. I'm Sarah Davis. Please come on in." the lady said as she moved out of the way. We walked into the house. She closed the door behind us. "Follow me to your room," Sarah said. We nodded and followed her down a hallway. "This is your room." She said as she showed us the room. 

We walked inside as she walked away from us. I put my bag on one of the beds inside before walking out. "Sam," Dean said. I looked to see him jogging after me. "Are you sure about us being here?" Dean asked. I looked pasted his shoulder to see a picture of a girl standing on the beach with a smile on her face. 

I looked behind me to see Sarah. "Hey, Sarah. Who's that?" I asked while pointing at the picture. Sarah walked over to us and Dean looked at the picture. "That's my daughter, Skylar. She outside surfing at the moment. Would you like to meet her?" Sarah asked. 

"Sure," I said. She smiled and walked to a glass sliding door. We followed her, closing the door behind us. "And yes. I think we should be here. There are people here that need our help too." I said. I looked out at the ocean to see someone on a surfboard. Surfing on a wave. Sarah waved at the person. The person waved back and started to swim over to us with the board under that person. 

The closer the person got the more my mate's name started to itch. Then it stopped.  I can now see that the surfer is my mate. She climbed off of the board and started to walk over to us with the board under her arm.  

I looked at Dean. The two of us share the same mate. He smiled at me before we both looked at her. "Hi, mom." She said. She walked past us and put the board on the picnic table that is on a brick pad. 

*Sky's View*

I grabbed my towel and turned around. I looked at mom. That's when I saw the two men that are staying with us. "Skylar, this is Sam and Dean Winchester. They are staying with us for a while." Mom said. I nodded at them. "It's nice to meet you both," I said. "You too," Sam said. I wrapped the towel around my waist. I walked into the house and to the bathroom. 

I took off the towel and my bikini. I put them both on the counter before climbing in the shower. I closed the curtain before turning on the water.