Chapter One.

I stared at my face in the mirror. I couldn't help but wonder why my step-mother hated me.

"Ellie?" I heard my little sisters voice. She was behind me swinging on the door.

"Hi, Lucy." I smiled lightly as she came up to my hip and hugged me.

"Why are you crying?" She frowned and reached up as far as she could and wiped a mascara tear from my cheek. I shook my head and took her hand away from my face.

"No reason. Im ok." She left my room and I locked the door behind her.

I closed my eyes and went to my dresser and opened the top drawer. I reached under my underwear and grabbed a small box. The box was black and it had four neon pink tiny roses in each corner. I opened it and stared at the little bag of little sharp razors. I couldnt decide if I should do what the rumors say I do, and give in, or if I should prove them wrong.. Im going to give in just this once, i'll just do a small little cut..

The blood didnt start to trickle down my wrist until I started to take the small blade out. It was a little at first, but then it was bleeding even more. It started to hurt, then there was a knock at my door.

"Ellie. Why is this door locked?" I heard my step-mother call and the door knob started to twist, "Open up right now!" I could tell she was drunk.

"Uhh, Im naked." I lied unconvincingly. I searched around my room for a black hoodie. There was one laying next to the window. I threw it on and shoved my hands in my pockets after I unlocked the door.

"Ok. What were you just doing Ellie?" My mother asked me as she sat on my bed across from the box. She didnt notice it so I didnt draw attention to it.

"I was," What do I say, "Getting  ready to take a shower."

My mother smiled and I smelt the alcohol on her teeth, "Good to know your trying to stay healthy."

"Yup, good to know.." I whispered. She nodded and left my room.

I guessed I had to take a shower now, since I told her I would. My hand felt warm and wet. I took my hoodie of and went to my bathroom. My hand was completely dark red and wet. I stripped and got in the shower. The hot water felt nice on my skin. My hand started to feel numb, so I squeezed it slightly.

I got out of the shower and got into my PJ's and jumped into bed. I turned over and looked at the clock, it was 12:07 am. Sleep took me away into a dream of complete nothing-ness.

I woke to the sound of my alarm clock spazzing out.

"Ughh. Happy Monday to you, Ellie." I groaned and got up.

"Ellie get the fuck up!" My step-mother called to me from down stairs.

Oh lovely, I was going to school today. Only to face my douche faced ex-boyfriend, and ex-best friend.

I got dressed into a dark blue hoodie, skinny jeans, and uugs. I pulled my hair up in and let it fall back then ran downstairs.

Lucy was sitting in front of the TV and my step-mother was making eggs and smoking a cigarette.

"Hey." I said dully as I pulled my bag from the hook next to the back door.

My step-mother was searching around for something, obviously she didnt find it because she looked over at me, "Hey, you seen my ash tray?" She shook her head as if dismissing the question, "Give me your arm." She walked over to me and grabbed my left arm and lifted my sleeve. She didnt notice my cut marks, but she continued with her motion and put the cigarette on my arm to put it out.

A yelp escaped my mouth, "OW!" I cried and pulled my arm away.

She slapped me, "Shut-up!" Lucy came from the other room and stared at my arm where her cigarette just burned me.