Chapter Six - Demigods

“I’m Annabeth, this is Thalia and this is Luke.”  

“Well Annabeth, Thalia, and Luke, I suppose that you know who you are, given your response to my name.” Artemis said kindly. The hunts attitude towards men had softened slightly, where they would now give them some time to show their true colors, instead of automatically judging them, but if they showed that they were like most of the male population, their treatment went back to the normal punishment.  They were giving Luke a chance. 

“We are demigods, correct?” Annabeth asked, receiving a nod from Artemis. Artemis already knew who their parentage as she looked at them, but was curious as to if they knew.  This time, Thalia spoke up.

“I assume that you know our parentage?” She asked, receiving another nod from Artemis. While Artemis knew who Thalia’s father was, and was not happy at her father’s actions, she knew that it was not Thalia’s fault for her parentage, and so she didn’t judge her from her father.

“Who are our parents?” Annabeth asked excitedly, and Artemis rolled her eyes at the young demigoddess.

“Yours is easy, Annabeth. You are a daughter of Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle strategy.” Artemis said, casing most of the hunt to roll their eyes when Annabeth’s eyes widened.  Artemis continued, “Thalia, your father is Zeus, god of the Sky’s, King of the Gods, and Luke, your father is Hermes, god of Thieves and Travelers. Thalia, I would like to talk to you when we are done here, there is something you should know, and also something that I need to ask you.”

Thalia looked nervous, but nodded. Luke looked angry for some reason, but when Annabeth grabbed his hand, he relaxed and looked down to Annabeth with thanks in his eyes.  After a moment of silence, Artemis spoke again.

“Hunters, set up camp. We will give Thalia, Annabeth and Luke a place to rest. Thalia, would you please follow me?” Thalia nodded in response. Artemis walked to the first tent that was set up, her tent, and invited Thalia in. She called Zoë and Percy in, and they sat down, along with Thalia and Artemis, on one of the bear skin rugs that lined the floor. Once they were all settled, Artemis spoke.

“Thalia, you know your father is Zeus, right?” Thalia nodded.

“I need you to know something. Since your father is the king of the gods, he had a pride problem. There was a prophecy told centuries ago, and it is possible that it refers to you.”

“Wait, prophecy?” Thalia asked, confused greatly. Artemis nodded.

“Yes, I cannot tell you the prophecy yet, but it is very important. Your father forced Poseidon and Hades into an oath not to have any demigods due to this prophecy. You break this oath.” Thalia looked appalled at this. It wasn’t her fault that her father was Zeus, why did she have to take the blame. She could see lots of problems occurring with her presence.

Then Thalia thought about what she knew of Artemis. She was The goddess of the moon, and the hunt. Her father was Zeus. They were sisters, but if Thalia wasn’t supposed to be born, does that mean that Artemis will kill her? Artemis must have seen Thalia’s face, and she laughed.

“I will not kill you Thalia, in fact, I want to help you. I would like to offer you a place in the hunt.” Thalia was shocked. Artemis wanted for her join her hunt. It sounded like a great idea, but what about Luke. What about Annabeth?

“Will I be able to see Luke and Annabeth ever again?”  She asked.

“You will be able to see them, but not be with them. Annabeth is too young to join the hunt, and Luke is a male, he cannot be in the hunt.” Zoë spoke up. She threw Percy a look, showing him that he was accepted.