But perhaps Tommy Shelby knew that too... Tatiana knew as much. She didn't seem to be at all moved by anything that was going on around them, and Ana had seen for herself how in with Thomas she was.

A deal. A deal had been made. That must have been the case, because what else could explain anything at all?

But for whose side? It worried Ana, but surely her sister wouldn't work for the priest.

Tatiana sat in the drawing room with a drink and a cigarette, a set up that she had caught her sister with more than often recently. She barely batted an eyelid as Ana slid through the door, setting it shut behind her without a single thud. She sat beside her, watching her carefully pour another drink and hand it over.

"You have heard about Mr Shelby?"

"Yes, what terrible luck."

Ana nodded in agreement, but her jaw clenched. "Is that all you would say about it?"

"What else is there to say?" Tatiana said, finally turning to look at her with a raised brow.

"You know who is behind it?" Ana asked.

"Of course I do, isn't it obvious?"

"You're not in with it, are you?"

"Anastasiya, who do you think I am?" She barked out a laugh. "What use would I have for any of that?"

"None. None at all." Ana scoffed.

"Right."

Ana slammed down her drink, gripping her sister's arm so she would be forced to look at her without being distracted by the drink. "What use do you have for being in any part of this business at all? What use do you have at being here but for your own gain? You're working with Tommy Shelby, aren't you?"

"I don't know-"

"Tatiana," she breathed out lowly. "Tell me."

With that, Tatiana snapped. She ripped her arm from her hold, slamming the glass down with a harsh thud.

"I'm not obliged to tell you anything, sister," she almost growled. "I owe you nothing."

"You've always been selfish- "

Tatiana interrupted. "You call me selfish when you're helping our mother! Did you ever stop to think about why I the way I am?" She was seething, her eyes darkening until they were charcoal black, shadowed by the glare of her brow. "You were ruthless Ana, but at least you had a heart. I don't, you know why?"

"Mother," she whispered.

Tatiana has always loathed her, hated the way she favoured Ana whenever she would even bother to show her face.

"She never loved us, Ana," she said, blinking against the gleam of the windows. "Why do you help her?"

"She wants to do right," Ana said, trying to convince herself as much as her sister. She had never trusted her mother, but she didn't want to say as much in front of Tatiana, not when it showed her own weakness. "I know they won't pay those jewels out for the tank. I know they don't want to use those weapons to help us."