"Not now!" She replied, "go on a run. Remember you have practice with the national team today."

I nodded quickly, texting coach that I would be practicing with the national team today, before putting in headphones and starting my run.

Since it was still fairly warm outside, I had put on shorts and a t-shirt for running, which I learned was a good choice. It was blazing hot and I could barely run a small distance before I was sweating bullets.

I ran for a bit before coming back to my home. I got dressed in my Inarizaki uniform, as usual, and brushed my hair so that it was flowing down my back. I grabbed my usual practice uniform, a pinny saying U19 Japan and black shorts, and put them in the bag with my other school items.

By then, it was almost 6:30, and I quickly said goodbye to my mom before beginning the bike ride to school. I only rode my bike when I had U19 practice because I didn't want to walk to the training facility.

I got to school and deposited my bike. It was a normal day; the green leaves swayed in the wind and the crisp air cut deep into my lungs.

"-y! Ky!" A voice yelled.

I quickly turned on my heels muttering, "who the hell..."

It was Atsumu. He ran up to me and enveloped me in a hug, "I heard yer goin' to U19 practice today, congratulations."

"Thank you, baka," I replied, ruffling his hair slightly, "you'll be invited one day, I can sense it. Tobio is the only one I could ever think of to beat you; you have the upper-hand in serves anyways."

"Tobio?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side, "who s'that?"

"One of my best friends..." I trailed off, not looking into his eyes, "he went by The King of the Court for a bit in junior high. He isn't as arrogant as he seems; he just didn't have many friends and didn't know how to communicate effectively."

"Oh." Atsumu replied, "well, I'll be seeing you."

Shit. I thought, Did I hurt his feelings?

I thought for a while-- did Atsumu really need my constant validation in our friendship? No. He was still one of my best friends, I just lived closer to Tobio for a large period of time.

I began walking towards my class, as it was about to begin. On the way, I spotted Suna.

"Hi Suna!" I said, bouncing slightly and adding a pep to my step, "long time no talk, am I right?"

"Hello Ky-chan," he said sleepily, "did you get home alright?"

"Yep!" I replied, entering our classroom.

"I texted you on LINE, by the way," he said, sitting down in his seat, "did you see?"

"I totally didn't! I'm sorry!" I quickly looked down at my notifications and, right there, read, Rintaro said: Hello.

"It's fine." He said, sighing slightly, looking at me sideways, and then looking towards the front of the classroom where our teacher had come in.

-----

The end of the day had come extremely fast and I definitely was not ready for practice with the National team. Their play level, of course, was much higher than the high school team, and I hadn't practiced that hard in ages.

I had biked to the practice arena; there were many teams practicing there but the top were, of course, the U19 Girls Team and U19 Boys team.

Ky!!!!" My setter, Akemi Furuta, yelled, running over to me, as I entered the arena.

"Hey Fufu," I replied, my smile stretching wide, "I missed you."

Furuta, who I called Fufu, was two years older than me, and was my closest friend on the team. Fufu and I had been through many things together, including being selected for the Olympic Trials Team and being selected as the best Setter-Spiker girls' duo in the entire country.

Furuta was one of the best setters I had ever seen, only coming slightly behind Tobio, which was a feat in itself.

"Kaneshiro-kun," coach Furutani spoke next, "welcome back."

"Thank you, Furutani-senpai," I replied, bowing slightly, "thank you for welcoming me back."

Furuta pulled me into the girls changing room so that we could both get ready and spoke, "Did you see THE Ushijima Wakatoshi is here? He's so hot, ugh, he literally makes me swoon so hard."

I laughed slightly, "he is pretty hot but... look at this boy from my school."

I swiftly pulled out my phone and opened Suna's instagram profile, which had a staggering 2,000 followers. "He's friends with Atsumu-baka."

"Holy shit." Fufu replied, "butter me up and call me toast, he's so hot."

I nodded, quickly responding to Suna's LINE message with, Hey Suna, I'm at practice, do you wanna text later and do homework together?

I then got changed into my pinny and shorts and walked out onto the court. The smells of air salonpas (thanks Hinata, love u bubs) and the sound of squeaking shoes was ever-prevalent but it reminded me, the court was my home.

We began playing with a jump serve from our captain, Arisu, to my side's libero, Kyo.

Kyo received it with a little difficulty but it was lifted into the air. I ran from the left side of the net to the right side, where our blockers weren't, and jumped as Furuta set the ball.

The ball glided over to me, floating in the air, and made it's way snugly into my palm. I spiked it harshly, tilting my wrist so that it become a cross-shot.

The ball slams to the ground rather heavily, the impact sending a loud BOOM through the entire gymnasium.

I land on the balls of my feet and cheer. I look over at coach, her eyes are wide and she has her phone in her hand. "Did you get that on video?" I ask, my voice light with glee. The cross-shot was gorgeous, definitely one of my best yet.

"The spike was gorgeous, Kaneshiro-kun. I did get it on video."

"Please send it to me!" I exclaim.

----

By the time that practice ended it was approaching 7pm.

"Fufu, could you drive me home?" I ask, glancing at my bike and then at her car.

"Of course, Ky. Put your bike in the back, I've got it." She replied, starting up the car.

Soon enough, my bike was put into the car and we were on our way home.

I glanced down at my LINE, seeing that Suna wrote back,

Rintaro: Is that why you didn't come to our practice? Atsumu wanted to walk you home.

Ky: yeah, my friend is driving me home rn. do u want 2 ft when i get home?

Rintaro: Sure. What is your phone number?

Ky: it's 495-391-3953

Rintaro: Okay, should I facetime you now?

Ky: sure, just so u know my bsf is in the car. i'll be home soon tho

495-571-5810 is calling you.

Well.. this will be a moment to remember.