Chapter 2

Hi all! I just want to say THANK YOU for reading this. It means the absolute world to me that people enjoy what I'm writing. Haikyuu has been such a major part of my growth as a writer and as a reader and I'm hoping I can contribute to anyone's growth as a reader or writer with what I write. 

Thank you all for being amazing <3

Word Count: 1572

Chapter 2 - Cherry Blossoms

Suna replied with a mere grunt, very in character of him before glancing over to his own team and replying, "we should get back to work, Atsumu."

"One second," the blond replied, "she's goin' ta be servin'. She's the one that taught me how ta jump serve."

I quickly glanced at Atsumu and his dark-haired teammate who was looking off into the distance. Glancing around at my team I gave them a small smirk, "Let's show them what we've got, yes?"

They nodded vigorously before I was tossed a volleyball. 

Shaking out my legs, as I usually do before I serve, and cracking my neck, I brought the ball to shoulder height before glancing at the other team. They were ready for my serve. Bringing my arm straight up, I threw the ball over my head and towards the ceiling. I quickly approached, one step, two steps, three steps, then swung my arms back before jumping into the air, pushing my legs to throw me further and further. I swung my arm through where the ball was to be dropped in the air, the perfect height, and aimed it towards the far left corner. I landed and a loud "bang" resonated throughout the gym. It was the ball. It had landed exactly where I wanted it to.

"YES!" My team screamed and came together for a quick huddle, "Do another one Ky-chan."

It was only 1-0. We still had 24 points to go.

I grabbed the ball and slowly approached the back line, thinking of a strategy. This time it was going to be a float serve. I did the same approach, one step, two steps, three steps, four steps, tossed the ball in the air and hit it over to create the floating illusion. The other team received it and quickly began to play the ball. 

I glanced rapidly at the spikers who were coming to the net, "Right side!" I yelled and the blockers jumped, blocking the ball.

2-0.

Before long the score read 24-20 in our team's favor. I was in the front as per our rotation. Natsu, our libero, received the ball cleanly, directing it towards Atsuko. Atsuko quickly sent a signal, middle finger to palm, a quick to the left side. I started my approach right before quickly running over the left and jumping.

"She's... flying." Atsumu said, breathless. He hadn't seen Ky play since middle school. 

Suna glanced over to the girl's court before letting out a sigh, "I agree with you, 'tsumu, she's electrifying." 

I looked around the court before locking eyes on an empty spot the other team's libero shouldn't be able to cover. I glanced over to Atsuko, visualizing where the ball would be and the path it would travel, and then smung my arm and made contact. It definitely wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be, Atsuko wasn't my usual setter, but it did the job and I heard the sound of a ball slamming against the court.  

That was the end of the game, my team had won. The coach then called us over after we shook each others hands. 

"Kaneshiro-kun will be joining our team. Please welcome her."  Coach said, "My name is Jo Misaki, you can just call me Jo-senpai, Kaneshiro-kun."

"Thank you very much!" I said before bowing. I was so excited to be on a team again. "Jo-senpai, I may not be able to attend every single practice because I have to practice will the U-19 Japan Team, is that alright?"