Donuts

Title: Donuts
Started: 16/05/20, 4:51pm
Finished: 16/05/20, 6:35 pm
Posted: 09/02/21, 4:21 pm
Edited: 17/05/20, 11:56 am
Type/Genre: general, friendship
Word count: 621
Spoilers: none
Warnings: throwing up
Rating: K+
Prompt: Person 2 (Peter): ...How many doughnuts have you had?

Person 1 (Neal): Ten.

Person 2 (Peter): Are you okay?

Person 1 (Neal): Nah.

-brought to you by: eliasz

WCWCWCWCWCWCWCWCWCWC

"Alright" Peter Burke turned to his C.I. "I'm just going out for 10 minutes, okay? I'll be back before you know it." He really didn't want to leave his drugged partner alone, but he had to go out for a quick errand. "But Peter, I'm staaaaaarving!" the word was slurred and the boy gave him a pouty face. The agent sighed putting on his jacket. "El got you some donuts to make you feel better." he motioned his head to the small pink box at the edge of the coffee table.

Neal's eyes seemed to sparkle at the mention of it. "But don't eat all of them. The last thing I need is you getting sick..." he gave the ex-con a look, but his attention and hand were already on the small pink donut-filled box. "Neal." Peter glared at him and their eyes met. "Hm? Oh, yeah, got it. Don't eat all of them. I won't, Peter, promise!" he proclaimed grabbing the box. The fed just shook his head then exited. He wanted to get back as soon as possible.

WCWCWCWCWCWCWCWCWCWC

Exactly 10 minutes have passed, no more, no less and Peter had just arrived back home again. He parked his car and unlocked the door. "I'm back." the man announced his return. He didn't receive a reply. "Neal?" the older man entered the living room as his eyes widened. Neal's face was a mix of colors (mostly by his mouth; pink and chocolate icing) with rainbow sprinkles on his lips and a few on his shirt along with crumbs both on him and the floor.

The box of donuts was on the floor, almost torn open with not many left inside it. The boy was still holding one, more than half eaten as he brought it to his mouth and took the last bite - it was gone. He burped and managed to excuse himself than his eyes drifted to Peter, acknowledging his presence. "You're back." a small smile formed. His handler was still wide-eyed in disbelief, hand pointing at the discarded box of donuts.

"...How many doughnuts have you had?" the man asked worriedly.

"Ten."

"Are you okay?"

"Nah." he answered bluntly.

Suddenly, his hand went to his stomach as he felt like he was about to vomit. Seeing, his friend's face, the man quickly took the donut box, throwing the remainder on a plate which was conveniently placed on the table then shoved the box towards Neal who barfed into it just as Peter gave it to him.  "Damn it Neal, I told you not to eat all of them, otherwise you'd get sick!" he scolded him after the young man was done. "But I didn't..."

The blue-eyed male pointed at the few donuts on the plate. "You said not to eat all of them and I promised I wouldn't. So I didn't." he looked at him so innocently. Peter just sighed in defeat. "I did say that didn't I?" Neal nodded back. The older man took a napkin from the kitchen and proceeded to whipe the boy's face. He threw out the now throw up-filled box and sat on the couch next to his C.I. Glancing back at the remaining donuts, he took a bite from one of them.

Fin