25: the hyun reunion

Start bij het begin

"It was you? You're the one who saved me back at the Main Hall."

Hyun Joon then smiled at me. "You figured it out already?" He asked, sounding impressed.

I glared at him. "I'm not dumb, orabeoni."

Then I continued on after Joon chuckled. "When you carried me to the school clinic, I felt a strong pull of connection toward you, but I lost my consciousness due to the asthma attack. I also, realized that your voice matches the one who saved me. Not just that... but Jinmichae is the only one who knows my old name. So, it couldn't have been him... but you because you're the only one, aside from Jinmi, who would call me by my old name."

"Well, done, sis," Joon proudly said while he clapped two times. "You're still a clever girl. Observant, too. Really, nothing changed about you. It's kind of-"

"Weird?" I cut in with a teasing tone.

Joon chuckled again and sighed, "Seol, stop."

I smiled innocently in return. "Sorry, I had to."

Then out of nowhere Joon reaches his hand over to my face and wipes something off the side of my lips. I slapped his hand away and glared at him again.

"YAH! ORABEONI!" I exclaimed out loud.

"What?" He asked in surprise. "You had some crumbs on your face-"

"YOU COULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING WITH ME RIGHT NOW?"

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M KIDDING TO YOU?"

"WHAT? NO! AND WHAT'S WRONG IF I WIPE THE CRUMBS OFF OF MY BABY SISTER'S FACE?"

"YAH! I AM NOT A BABY ANYMORE!"

"YOU'RE MY SISTER. MY YOUNGER SISTER. SO, YOU ARE STILL A BABY."

"WHY ARE YOU BOTH SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER?" Jinmichae joins in when walking out of the kitchen with a confused and irritated expression.

Joon and I then stopped and looked at him. "SHUT UP, JINMI!" We both shouted at him.

Jinmichae looked at us a little taken back. Then he sighed and muttered under his breath, "Great, the Writer gave me a new job as the babysitter of these two."

I glared at the older boy and spoke up, "I can hear you, blondie."

The 22-year-old shook his head and walked back inside the kitchen again. Then I looked back at  Joon and glared at him. "Call me 'baby', and I won't talk to you again."

"You're still my sister, Seol. Whatever you say, we're still family," Joon replied back, making me wonder what the Writer is planning for him.

"So, wait, you are not sure if you are a supporting or extra character in Secret?" I asked after buying Joon and I a sandwich and banana milk from the snack bar. "How's that even possible?"

"Mhm, well, my name isn't even in the character list of Secret," The 19-year-old answered. 

Then he continued on when we both sat down by one of the benches, "I woke up one day and slowly started to gain my self-awareness again. The only thing I can remember was that the ending of the manhwa that I was in before Secret."