Chapter 4: Snow Day

Start from the beginning

"Buttercup please."

-

Butch nearly tripped down the steps as he skipped towards the door leading to his winter wonderland outside.

Buttercup exhaled heavily as she played with her fingers, her eyes heavy lidded. She wondered what was so good about the snow that made Butch Jojo act like a five year old boy on Christmas Day.

And wondered what in the world made her allow the slinthead to draw her out of the warm comfort of her bed this morning.

Butch pushed the dormitory doors open as the chilly winter wind made contact with his face, stinging his cheeks. His eyes lingered at the perfectly coated ground. It was Saturday, no one would be attending classes and it was too early for the janitors to be shoveling the snow. College students were out partying on Friday nights and usually woke up to stay in the next day.

Perfect.

"I'm only doing this for Bubbles."

Butch watched as Buttercup pouted. He laughed, reminded by the past hour when he had showed up at her door, Buttercup's name echoing across the girls' dorms.

"You lie to me quite a lot Butterbutt," Butch shrugged. "And badly too. I never get you to say no to me anyways."

A large grin spread across his face, "I guess I'm just too charming for the girls to resist. I feel so flattered that the all-powerful Buttercup has fallen head over heals for me."

Butch placed his hand over his heart and sighed mockingly as he stuck his nose in the air. Buttercup rolled her eyes, punching his shoulder in response as the two trudged outside. The ground was completely covered. She walked cautiously but found her Doc Martens sinking into the thick snow.

The two walked slowly in the snow packed earth, trying to trace the roads of campus but all was covered in white.

'That airhead said it snowed last night,' Buttercup thought irritatingly. 'He didn't say it was a fucking blizzard.'

Butch and Buttercup trampled towards the campus fountain, where they said they would meet their siblings, Boomer and Bubbles. Butch watched as the struggling girl stomped in the snow, occasionally kicking the white fluff into her boots, earning a scowl and an occasional swat from Buttercup.

He always thought Buttercup was cute when she was annoyed.

"Oh shit!"

Buttercup's eyes widened with panic as a string of curse words tumbled out her mouth. She was heading straight for the snow beneath her.

'It's over,' Buttercup thought. 'I'm never going to live this down.'

She closed her eyes, awaiting the frosty impact of the soft ground under her.

But it never came.

Buttercup felt a pair of strong arms around her, stopping her fall at a halt.

"You're so goddamn clumsy," Butch chortled. "How do you like being babysat Butterscotch?"

Buttercup froze, her eyes opened, and her heat picked up speed. She fought the blush that creeped up to her cheeks as she pulled herself up, muttering grudging 'thank you.' 

"Yoo hoo lovebirds, over here"

-

Bubbles and Boomer were considered the king and queen of the University of Townsville- the IT couple that everyone wanted to be. They were the main couple from every Korean drama and cliche high school movie.